Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 Slide Lock Spring

Glock 19 Slide Lock Spring

Was there a change to the design of the slide lock spring for the Gen 3 Glock 19/23/32/38? I just replaced the one in my G19.3 and noticed that the part that inserts into the frame is different. The old one has sort of a spoon shape to it whereas the new one I bought a little while ago (I think from Glockmeister) has a kink in it. The new one also doesn't seem to insert quite as deeply into the frame and in its resting position once installed, the end that interfaces with the slide lock sits much higher and subsequently it has more pre-load when the slide lock is installed. Does all of this sound normal?
    Last edited by Talking Monkey; 08-13-2018 at 06:40 PM.

Yes, there was a change in the design. I don't know the date but my G19 I bought in 93 is different than my later ones. The part is not backward compatible so if you have the old one you should probably put that one back in.

Also the spring in the 19 frames size is not the same as the 17 size frames.
    Last edited by 5pins; 08-14-2018 at 05:57 AM.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Two changes off the top of my head

The first was to get rid of the very tapered design which failed early.

Later they beefed the part up some more due to concerns from one particualr end user.

All Previous Generation (Gen 2 and 3) Slide lock springs are compatible so get the newest one in there. The Gen4 one is not Gen3 Compatible in the G19
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

On the left is my gen 2 19 purchased in 93. On the right is a gen 3 19 purchased in 2012. In addition to being skinnier it also longer. IIRC the spring is longer on both ends so it will not drop down in the frame all the way. If I get a chance later today I will pull them both out and do a comparison of the two.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Swap them around and pop in the slide stop

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Swap them around and pop in the slide stop
    I will.
    It's been a few years since I tried upgrading my spring but I seem to remember it not working, so I went back to the old spring.

The original is on the left and the new one is on the right. The new one is marked "731". And BTW, it was ordered from Glock Parts a year ago and the invoice says it's a side lock spring for Compact Gen 1, 2, and 3.

Picture
    Last edited by Talking Monkey; 08-14-2018 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I will.
    It's been a few years since I tried upgrading my spring but I seem to remember it not working, so I went back to the old spring.
    They do swap around. The new shape replaces the older one.

If the arm that goes into the frame was too long you had a G17 spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Talking Monkey View Post
    The original is on the left and the new one is on the right. The new one is marked "731". Picture
    If the one on the left is in the pic is the 2003 -2016 one. The one on the right is the post 2016 one. The skinny one on the left in 5pins pic is the pre 2003 design.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    If the one on the left is in the pic is the 2003 -2016 one. The one on the right is the post 2016 one. The skinny one on the left in 5pins pic is the pre 2003 design.
    Thanks BigT. So I should be good to go with this new spring?

User Tag List