Thread: SAS Sniper Kills ISIS Commander with .50cal MACHINE GUN Shot from 1.5 Miles

Site Supporter

SAS Sniper Kills ISIS Commander with .50cal MACHINE GUN Shot from 1.5 Miles

SAS sniper 'kills ISIS commander from nearly 1.5 MILES away' in Afghanistan with one round from a 40-year-old .50 Calibre machine gun

The sergeant killed the Islamic State commander with a .50 Calibre machine gun, shooting him in the chest. This feat is believed to be the first time the machine gun has been used for a sniper hit by the SAS.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Bet that was messy.

Gotta love the Ma Deuce.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

"Apparently, I was wrong. Some men aren't bound by self imposed limitations."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Well friggin done, gents!

As much as England's politics confuse me from time to time, I can't help but deeply respect the caliber of men that fight for her.

The reporting on this was absolutely garbage. SNIPER KILLS MAN FROM OVER A MILE WITH 40 YEAR OLD GUN!!!1!!!11!

Generic stock photos of snipers all over the internet extolling the virtues of this guy using this heavily implied sniper rifle that dates back to WWI.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

The british press always have these glowing articles on the longest shot or a bayonet charge... I take them with a dose of salt.

I any case, a POS was taken down by enterprising soldiers, and this is great!
    Last edited by TiroFijo; 08-13-2018 at 11:14 AM.

It's The Daily Mail. While I hope it's true, The Daily Mail is right up there in the Fake News department.

Carlos Hathcock did the same thing in 1967 in Vietnam. He rigged a Unertl (sp?) scope up to an M2 and had some confirmed kills at crazy distances given the terrain and vegetation.

The book "Marine Sniper" covers his time in Vietnam and is an excellent read.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    The reporting on this was absolutely garbage.
    Concur.

And there are enough inconsistencies that it makes it hard to believe what should be the meat and potatoes.

Unless something else comes to light to support this report, I have to dismiss it as fake news.
    Last edited by Odin Bravo One; 08-13-2018 at 01:46 PM.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

User Tag List