Thread: Super Test

Super Test

Shot the Super Test from concealment yesterday. I never shot this drill/test before but I like it. I didn't pass the time but it gives me something to work on. As best I can tell it's a 287/300.

5 Yards 10 rounds 5.23
    10 Yards 10 rounds 10.32
    15 Yards 10 rounds 12.62

Didn't use my time wisely at 15.

Last edited by SC_Dave; 08-13-2018 at 07:38 AM.

Nice shooting. What are he time limits for each string?
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    Nice shooting. What are he time limits for each string?
    Five seconds at five yards, ten at ten, fifteen at fifteen.

There are a couple of threads on this already, including variations for five- and six-shot revolvers.

Site Supporter
    So you shot the Advanced Super Test since you started from holstered. Pretty good start, with two overtime evolutions. It's very common to shoot this faster than required at 15 yards. I do it all the time and it costs me a couple of points!
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Since you went over time on 2 strings, I'd score it a 267.

Pretty sweet lookin' target regardless.
    Last edited by HopetonBrown; 08-13-2018 at 02:53 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    It's very common to shoot this faster than required at 15 yards. I do it all the time and it costs me a couple of points!
    A friend and I shot the advanced super test Friday. It was his first time so i warned him about shooting too fast. I told him everyone seems to shoot the 15 yard part in 10-11 seconds and the ten yard in 6-7 seconds. Sure as shit he shot them in about 10.5 and 6.5 seconds. There's something about that cadence.

I shot this target.

Name:  IMG_20180810_223112_955.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  39.8 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    A friend and I shot the advanced super test Friday. It was his first time so i warned him about shooting too fast. I told him everyone seems to shoot the 15 yard part in 10-11 seconds and the ten yard in 6-7 seconds. Sure as shit he shot them in about 10.5 and 6.5 seconds. There's something about that cadence.

I shot this target.

Name:  IMG_20180810_223112_955.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  39.8 KB
    I think that target is perfect! My goal is all in the black and let the points fall where they may. I've shot quite a few that were all black zone hits and the scores were always at least 290 when that happened. Great shooting.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I think that target is perfect! My goal is all in the black and let the points fall where they may. I've shot quite a few that were all black zone hits and the scores were always at least 290 when that happened. Great shooting.
    Thanks! It's my best score, and the funny thing is I did it with a gun I haven't shot since last year.

User Tag List