Thread: Please Educate Me on the CZ 75 Pistols

Please Educate Me on the CZ 75 Pistols

As my lovely wife knows I am genetically predisposed to buy or trade for just about anything chambered in .22 LR if "it is a good deal", I ended up with a CZ Kadet Adapter Kit II. Yes, that is my excuse.

It is basically a full-size/full-weight .22 LR conversion kit for the CZ 75. The only issue is I do not have a CZ 75 nor do I know much about them. My big question is which CZ 75 variant should I get? I have lots of single-action rimfire pistols, so a DA/SA version makes sense. But which one? I read a bit and probably ended up more confused than when I started. Is the Omega system an improvement or just a cost reduction? Any reason to not get a regular CZ 75 B or Omega and start shooting?

I’m not sure if the Kadet II kit always worked with the Omega, but they did redesign their kits to work.

Personally, I’m not a fan of the Omega. Either, I’ll get a decocker version or a safety... don’t need to swap back/forth. Even my Beretta (92 Brigadier Inox and PX4), setup to decock only and done. When I got my SP-01, I went with the original safety version.

Support (aftermarket) for the original design was A LOT better than the Omega back when I looked. If that is something important to you, definitely should consider it. At least look at modifications you’d want to make, and see if there are versions for the Omega.

For the Omega being a cost cutting option, don’t believe so. If it were, they likely would push it more. I think CZ wanted to just give people options... if there is a price difference, either demand (if Omega is cheaper) or recovering costs (if higher). With the exception of the LEM, I’ve yet to see a new trigger on a proven platform be successful (DAK could be mentioned, but is it successful... don’t see people really running it other than being an issued sidearm).

Personally, I rather go with something you have a better chance of sourcing parts and gunsmiths knowing how to work on it. My SP-01 was picked up with that in mind, and works awesomely with the Kadet II kit. I had my gunsmith fit it (needs to be fitted up front), and he asked me to let him know if I ever sell it... because he was impressed with the accuracy (has a steel plate at 75 yards at his home, said it wasn’t even hard to connect consistently).

Check out "The Original CZ Forum"

User Tag List