Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Eotech

Guys who I trust implicitly tell me that the latest generation EoTech is as good as anything on the market right now. The fiasco with the earlier HWS showed that there were several relatively simple QA/QC and design changes that would have made the old ones work as advertised, but the company chose not to go that route, because, you know, profit...

Still not sure if I'd trust my life to one, but that's COMPLETELY an emotional stance on my part.

Well, the EOtech used to be my favorite. But, I think they've done too many things in the past. To have to pay to have the unit fixed because of nitrogen purge every few years is annoying.

I've since moved on. 4 MOA red dots always looked like a blob to me. Years ago, I tried 4 MOA aimpoints, and they would never work for me...

But, my 2 MOA aimpoint micro works well enough. And, I can leave it on all the time for up to 5 years, and the gun can grab and go. It was always a pain to grab your rifle with the EOtech and have to press the button several times if you needed it in a hurry during daylight hours.

I think I've moved on....
    Last edited by Shipwreck; 08-13-2018 at 10:36 AM.

So I fall into the camp of multiple companies and big organizations doing things that benefit themselves and not the consumer. Anyone who was in the military has probably experienced the same thing as me.. I am a huge fan of L3 in general because I used a lot of their stuff in country and it always worked great (PEQ 16, PEG 15, thermals, etc) so when they say they went in and fixed eotech I am inclined to believe them.

If I kept a grudge list of all the firearms manufacturers that screwed up over the years, I wouldn’t have a thing left to shoot.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If I kept a grudge list of all the firearms manufacturers that screwed up over the years, I wouldn’t have a thing left to shoot.
    Best response I've read in awhile. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

True story.

Given my budget, job (IT dude, non-LE, non-MIL), eye issues (astigmatism), and propensity to shoot, carry, train, and compete with pistols, optics that I can replicate on two or three carbines can’t eat that much cash if I also have to put a light and sling on them as well as feed them.

Given their price point and the fact that they’re actually usable to my eyes without glasses on I may end up giving an EXPS 2-0 a shot within a year or two.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

The man does have a point. Ruger and S&W, for example, make all sorts of cool stuff that I like a lot. If I held the decisions of old leaders from back in the day against the current companies, I wouldn’t be able to buy M&P 2.0s or GP100s. My concern with eotech has always been the battery life and auto shut off. I love being able to keep my Aimpoint on for years at a time. It’s truly grab and go. I pick up the rifle and it’s ready to use. I don’t want to have to grab a rifle with an eotech on it after suddenly being awoken by someone booting in my front door and having to remember to turn the optic on. I think they’re an awesome sight for direct action/swat kind of stuff where you jock up for a mission, toss in a fresh battery, go out and do your thing for 8-12 hours and then go back to base/the station. I don’t want to have to deal with the battery and auto shut off issues when the rifle the sight is mounted on has to pull double duty as my HD rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    The problem was actually the coverup to try and salvage government contracts and the surreptitious way they quietly changed the manuals to change operating parameters and click values. To me it was more of an ethics/leadership problem than an engineering one.
    Also my problem with them.

They were also made aware of the issues (all of them) repeatedly for years and years before the common problems were wide spread enough that even the fan boys could no longer defend them. They also misused the NDA’s in place during RDT&E to keep end users who knew from speaking out publicly, and threatened legal action. Even though it was unlikely they would have won a lawsuit, how many E-6’s with kids at home have the discretionary funds to mount a defense against a corporation with major government contracts?

I’ve got zero use for anything they make.

The only thing I’d give EOTech an opportunity to do is wipe my ass.
    Last edited by Odin Bravo One; 08-13-2018 at 07:28 PM.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    True story.

Given my budget, job (IT dude, non-LE, non-MIL), eye issues (astigmatism), and propensity to shoot, carry, train, and compete with pistols, optics that I can replicate on two or three carbines can’t eat that much cash if I also have to put a light and sling on them as well as feed them.

Given their price point and the fact that they’re actually usable to my eyes without glasses on I may end up giving an EXPS 2-0 a shot within a year or two.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    The astigmatism thing is big for me. I tried a t2 and it bloomed like my pa did. I have not shot the new exps2 but have shot the older one. My eyes really liked it. Next time optics planet has a good sale on for red dots I may pick one up.

User Tag List