Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Eotech

2018 Eotech

Rumor has it that L3 gave its kid company (eotech) a swift kick in the ass and brought in new engineers to fix the theee major issues it had (sealing, issues with glass finish coming off, and thermal drift). Anyone given them another shot?

I wish that were true, but I do not know.

I liked the ones I previously had, but have been struck with the leakage issue before.

I can maybe live with thermal drift, but the leakage issue stops me from buying one again.
    Last edited by Shipwreck; 08-12-2018 at 12:32 PM.

Wasn't the problem not necessarily the thermal drift but rather losing zero after the change(s) in temperature?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Rumor has it that L3 gave its kid company (eotech) a swift kick in the ass and brought in new engineers to fix the theee major issues it had (sealing, issues with glass finish coming off, and thermal drift). Anyone given them another shot?
    No rumor, legit. Ill let him explain it better than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Wasn't the problem not necessarily the thermal drift but rather losing zero after the change(s) in temperature?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    The problem was actually the coverup to try and salvage government contracts and the surreptitious way they quietly changed the manuals to change operating parameters and click values. To me it was more of an ethics/leadership problem than an engineering one. I was one of the unknowing joes issued a 552 and had the zero drift in the extreme temp swings of the ME. I was kind of ticked that these guys knew about it and covered it up.

I will give them props for the buy back refund program for civilian owned optics though.
    Last edited by EMC; 08-12-2018 at 05:47 PM.

2018 Eotech

Glad to hear about this. It’s a very versatile optic, and I’m faster with it on close targets than anything I’ve tried. If I were in the market for a new one, I’d try it.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 08-12-2018 at 05:47 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Was the battery drain issue with EOTechs addressed as well? I had a 512 on my AR for a fairly long time until I happened upon a pair of clearanced Aimpoint H-1s. One of the major reasons I haven't considered an EOTech since, despite preferring the reticule design and never experiencing issues with thermal drift, was that I had to replace the batteries in my 512 every 4-5 months regardless of whether I turned it on at all in that time or I'd show up at the range with a dead optic.

Even if they fixed all their issues, I’m not giving a dime to a company that lied about their flaws to LE/Mil about it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Even if they fixed all their issues, I’m not giving a dime to a company that lied about their flaws to LE/Mil about it.
    Pretty much my opinion. Made a crappy ass product, lied to sell it to people, and now they're finally making it less crappy.

Fuck em. Too many good optics to bother buying one of these.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

2018 Eotech

EOTech has some pretty special optical technology compared to other RDS, as we might expect from L3. For example the center dot remains the same size while using a 3x magnifier.

I don’t currently own an EOTech, but do appreciate the tech.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 08-13-2018 at 10:20 AM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List