Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Police Bodycams Can Be Hacked To Doctor Footage

American
    Criminals/Communists
    Leftists
    Union

I don’t for 1 second doubt that any electronic device can be hacked. Given time and access I’ll wager anything is possible.

The question is how were these devices hacked? How long would a criminal need to have the device to download, edit and upload the data? Is that viable?

Why are these devices wireless anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    now the same groups that screamed for body cams are now screaming that they are a privacy concern.
    I told my agency that very thing a couple of years ago, when body cams were first mentioned.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I told my agency that very thing a couple of years ago, when body cams were first mentioned.
    If body cams are a privacy concern couldn’t the same be said about all the traffic cameras and crime ‘prevention’ cameras?
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    If body cams are a privacy concern couldn’t the same be said about all the traffic cameras and crime ‘prevention’ cameras?
    No, because things like traffic cameras are posted in places where there's no reasonable expectation of privacy. Example: a department store is free to mount cameras in any area of the store except the restroom, because there's a reasonable expectation of privacy. The same can be said of in-car cameras: there's no expectation of privacy on the side of the road. However, body cams can go into a persons domicile where that expectation is relevant, etc.

The shouting for body cams on the part of the progressive left is as short sighted as the complaining they're now doing about them. They never stopped to think that not only would the cameras expose any wrongdoing by the cops, but they'd also put everyone's reprehensible behavior on display. It's just a case of wanting to fuck over the cops and not realizing you're fucking yourself with the same cock.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    No, because things like traffic cameras are posted in places where there's no reasonable expectation of privacy. Example: a department store is free to mount cameras in any area of the store except the restroom, because there's a reasonable expectation of privacy. The same can be said of in-car cameras: there's no expectation of privacy on the side of the road. However, body cams can go into a persons domicile where that expectation is relevant, etc.

The shouting for body cams on the part of the progressive left is as short sighted as the complaining they're now doing about them. They never stopped to think that not only would the cameras expose any wrongdoing by the cops, but they'd also put everyone's reprehensible behavior on display. It's just a case of wanting to fuck over the cops and not realizing you're fucking yourself with the same cock.
    I’m asking questions because I don’t know.

Is there a reasonable expectation of privacy during an interview? On the side of the road during a traffic stop?
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

I’m asking questions because I don’t know.

Is there a reasonable expectation of privacy during an interview? On the side of the road during a traffic stop?
    No.

Traffic cameras are in public places. Body cameras can be worn into people's homes.

The privacy issue comes into play with open records requests. I could request the body cam video of the deputy's visit to your home and see every image the camera captured inside.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Site Supporter
    We get police response on some of our EMS calls. I believe* that most of the time they turn them off in non-public areas when they're with us on an OD or whatever, and they all turn them off in the back of the ambulance.

*Where I work I interact with 3 police agencies daily, and one more regularly. They all have cameras, and I'm not that familiar with any of their policies.
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    We get police response on some of our EMS calls. I believe* that most of the time they turn them off in non-public areas when they're with us on an OD or whatever, and they all turn them off in the back of the ambulance.

*Where I work I interact with 3 police agencies daily, and one more regularly. They all have cameras, and I'm not that familiar with any of their policies.
    My agency had (has) some issues at the command level with our county fire department. I haven’t seen any bad blood at the street level, nor do I expect any, but we were told to leave our cameras running during any interaction with firefighters/paramedics.

User Tag List