Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ECQC at Age 60, and 2019 Class Dates RFI

Site Supporter
    Anybody know the approximate cost for EWO?

There is one in Portland I could potentially hit.

Novice Shotgun Cultist Guerrero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Anybody know the approximate cost for EWO?

There is one in Portland I could potentially hit.
    ~$400

Wag more, Bark less Rich_Jenkins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I see there's one in Okeechobee on Feb. 8-10

http://shivworks.com/course/ecqc-florida-2019/
    That would be awesome for me in Oct or Nov.

Unfortunately I am taking time off work in March for Tac Con. Iím also trying to smooth budgetary expenditures, so another $400-$500 Class in Feb would be tough to get past The Boss without some Eyebrow Raising.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught.Ē
    ó J. C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    That would be awesome for me in Oct or Nov.

Unfortunately I am taking time off work in March for Tac Con. Iím also trying to smooth budgetary expenditures, so another $400-$500 Class in Feb would be tough to get past The Boss without some Eyebrow Raising.
    We should have Craig back out here the last weekend of October in 2019.

I haven't read all three pages of comments, just addressing the OP's concerns;

Craig is an absolute master of choosing who to pair with who, dialing the scenario up or down for the particular student, etc. He will stress you and challenge you, but he won't make you broken, physically anyway...

I regularly read people posting about concerns with attending ECQC, putting it off for later, etc....

Don't. Do. It. Now.

If you are healthy enough to jog around the block and do a few push-ups then you are healthy enough for the class. I was broke as fuck when I went, got crushed on one of my scenarios, learned a tremendous amount about what I needed to work on. That's the point. Find out early where the holes in your game are, then fix them.

If you want a primer, attend Cecil's weekend class on stand up/surviving the knockout game and "just enough jits". Cecil does a hell of a lead in class for ECQC.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I got crushed on one of my scenarios, learned a tremendous amount about what I needed to work on. That's the point. Find out early where the holes in your game are, then fix them.
    This is virtually a universal outcome. Craig's courses of this kind are NOT like a shooting course where, if you're a really good shooter, you can expect to ace all the drills. In EWO, for example, almost everyone crashed and burned on an evolution or two. This is the time to do it. You very probably won't get hurt or injured, but you'll find out what you need work on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Cecil does a hell of a lead in class for ECQC.
    I've joked that it's a matter of perspective. Craig thinks Cecil's seminar is a good prep for ECQC. Cecil sees it as a post-ECQC optimization course.

ETA: Take both, don't worry about the sequence. Chicken/egg and all that.
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 09-13-2018 at 07:48 PM. Reason: added ETA

User Tag List