Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leather AIWB for J-Frame?

Leather AIWB for J-Frame?

Good friend seriously messed up his back and his normal G19/Fricke AA is too much to carry. He's carrying his 640pro w/Clipdraw right now and asked me to recommend a leather AIWB for his 642 that he can buy right now...waiting on a Sparks isn't what he's after.

Any suggestions?

Alessi Talon or the Ritchie Leather equivalent. I can’t think of what it’s called right now. Lots of places stock them regularly.
    Last edited by KPD; 08-12-2018 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Spelled Ritchie wrong

Site Supporter
    I've had good luck with the Don Hume H715 for the LCR. I assume the Jframe version would carry similarly. It's inexpensive and readily available.

Sideguard makes a great holster but they take time. I would check highnoon holsters. I have a few of their mr softy's and they are cheap, functional and quick shipping.

Safariland makes one that I bought on amazon for about $20. Haven’t used it really at all yet but it was cheap and easy to get...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Simple, effective, easy on and off, and comfortable: Galco Stow And Go

40 bucks on Amazon or other online retailers.

Rides low so the trade off is on draw stoke but it conceals well.

been carrying like this for many many years
    Last edited by eb07; 08-12-2018 at 11:58 AM.

I have been using an older Galco Summer Comfort for a while AIWB with my 442. It has just a small amount of cant that helps keep the stubby grip above my beltline, and I'll sometimes clip my Spyderco Delica between the inside of my pants waistband, and the portion of the holster that covers the trigger guard to act as a wedge to tuck the butt into my stomach better, if I'm wearing something like a T-shirt that isn't as concealment friendly.

It appears the newer Summer Comfort holsters have a more aggressive cant, but I can't confirm that. I picked up mine "used" ( IE worn once or twice and tossed in a holster bin) for cheap. The stamping on it reads "H819-WC" over "SUM158"

I found it far more comfortable than the Bladetech "Klipt" ambi I was using before.

Quote Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
    Simple, effective, easy on and off, and comfortable: Galco Stow And Go

40 bucks on Amazon or other online retailers.

Rides low so the trade off is on draw stoke but it conceals well.

been carrying like this for many many years
    I've been using a Galco Stow-N-Go to carry AIWB for a few years now. I bought it as a "good enough until I can get something better" for my 638, but never felt the need to replace it, considering how often I carry the J-frame.

J frame, right hand, natural color is model STO158...

If he doesn't absolutely have to have a leather holster, the DSG clip is unquestionably one of the best holster purchases I've made. It even works sans belt. Retention is just right, comfortable, and I haven't noticed any finish marring on a 442 or a 640 Pro.

Site Supporter
    I’ve been pleased with my Galco Tuck n Go. Justin at RevolverGuy.com also had success with this holster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Tag List