Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Traded into a Bodyguard

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    This is one of my all time favorite guns that I hope to be my daily carry someday when I live in a place where I don’t need a gun.
    Love those high horn grips/stocks! Craig Spiegel's?

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Love those high horn grips/stocks! Craig Spiegel's?
    Yep. They are Bodyguard specific Spegels.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Put up a pic of Pat's Bodyguard so folks can see what they're supposed to look like.
    Pat Rogers and I often discussed our shared live of the Bodyguard. We both carried them. His looked far worse than my old one I carried as a back up.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

My first J-frame was a stainless Bodyguard. I never liked the look, but I loved how it carried in a pocket when the only option was to bob the hammer on a 36/60.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Pat Rogers and I often discussed our shared live of the Bodyguard. We both carried them. His looked far worse than my old one I carried as a back up.
    That is GREAT! That’s what my 442 looks like. It went through the Great Nashville flood of 2010...while on my ankle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Very nice trade. Good to see a real Bodyguard, and not a “reboot”.
    Also to @DaggaBoy...forgive my ignorance, but what's the difference between a real Bodyguard and a reboot? Just the Hillary Hole?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Also to @DaggaBoy...forgive my ignorance, but what's the difference between a real Bodyguard and a reboot? Just the Hillary Hole?
    I think he means the yoogly despicable polymer one, and the .380 that rip off the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I think he means the yoogly despicable polymer one, and the .380 that rip off the name.
    YES! That's exactly what I mean. S&W reuse of names of old classics is shameful. Don't get me started on calling everything else they make an M&P.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    YES! That's exactly what I mean. S&W reuse of names of old classics is shameful. Don't get me started on calling everything else they make an M&P.
    Ditto.

Poor man's Bodyguard

In the early 80's, I read an Officer survival article written by Evan Marshall. He advocated for a Bodyguard carried in a pocket (either jacket or pants), opposite your primary duty weapon side. Up to that point, I had never really considered carrying a "back-up" handgun. Within a few days, I had Bob's Sport Shop in Westport, MA, bob the hammer on my nickel plated Chiefs Special for ten bucks. From then on, I carried my "poor mans" Bodyguard in the left rear hip pocket of my uniform pants, opposite my duty model 15. Fond memories from long ago.

User Tag List