Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Traded into a Bodyguard

A great trade !

I’ve got a nickel plated air weight I bought a long time ago (inspired by Mas). Still carry it to the mailbox or as a backup from time to time.

I’m a bodyguard fan. They’re great guns!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For many years prior to the release of the non-grip safety Centenials, the Bodyguards were really the serious gun folks choice. Most cops and armed citizens went with the traditional Chiefs specials. I think because the Bodyguards looked weird, they seemed to really appeal to those looking for function over appearance. For many LEO’s a Chief Special was basically carried as a good luck charm talisman and badge of office as opposed to a serious defense tool. Just something I noted was it seemed the few Bodyguards I ever saw at work were owned by the squared away gun guys.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 08-12-2018 at 10:48 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Took an M38 along just now, when my wife and I made a trip out to see the meteor shower.

This is one of my all time favorite guns that I hope to be my daily carry someday when I live in a place where I don’t need a gun.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    This is one of my all time favorite guns that I hope to be my daily carry someday when I live in a place where I don’t need a gun.
    Which begs the question: why EDC if you don’t need a gun?

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    Murphy is alive & well.

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    In case my crystal ball is broken. I have a bunch of rule 1 guns. They are to have a gun when I don’t think I need one. That way at minimum if I am wrong, then I have at least a J frame. I would never take a J frame to a fight, but they make exceptional counter robbbery or spontaneous assault guns.

In case my crystal ball is broken. I have a bunch of rule 1 guns. They are to have a gun when I don’t think I need one. That way at minimum if I am wrong, then I have at least a J frame. I would never take a J frame to a fight, but they make exceptional counter robbbery or spontaneous assault guns.
    My question was somewhat tongue in cheek.

Out of curiosity, what is your EDC?

Site Supporter
    That was my fear as well when I open d the thread. Thankfully, I was happily surprised. These are some of my favorite revolvers. I carried them extensively in the 80’s and I just have a very special place for them. They are great pocket guns as far as the shape. Enjoy it. Good catch.
    Put up a pic of Pat's Bodyguard so folks can see what they're supposed to look like.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

User Tag List