Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Holster Selection for Plainclothes Work

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    One other thing re: the ALS (which I like very much). I took the dreaded dremel with a sanding drum/felt bob with rouge and *very* gently, took off a little material from the holster body situated in front of the thumb release, thus making the thumb release sit a little more proud. It is a very subtle mod, but it slicked up my drawstroke quite a bit. If someone were to do this, I would tell them it is important to only take material from *in front* of the thumb release and be sure to leave holster body material that rides inside that slot cut into the release.
    You could also grab the nubhttps://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-quot-nub-quot

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Attachment 30794

HD - We had these plates made before Safariland made these available. If I were doing this today, I would use the Safariland mounting plate. Cheaper, "factory" and moar easy button.

That kydex plate does curve to the hip and not only snugs the holster in to the body, but also spreads the load across a broader section of the belt than the plate that the holster comes with. Safariland's design ethos frustrates me to no end. They put *a lot* of thought into the design of the holster bodies - and then just bolt everything to various mounting plates that someone ginned up after lunch.
    Thanks! I switched over to the smaller Safariland loop a few months ago, but I’m finding they still sit too proud on the belt. Your design looks like an improvement to me, I may give that a try.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List