Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun search

A Colt Series 70 in .38 Super would be another way to go.
    Then again, 1911's are their own rabbit hole.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    I too urge you to reconsider buying a .357 Mag automatic. I can write a long narrative on this subject but will not. Keeping your very versatile .357 Mag revolver is wise. As already stated, buying a 9mm automatic should be your first step. But if you do want a high velocity auto, then look at the 357 Sig Glock which will readily accept a Glock 40 S&W barrel and use the same mags as the 357 Sig. Furthermore, you could buy a 9mm conversion barrel for the 357 Sig Glock and shoot the very plentiful 9mm ammo through the conversion barrel. The ones that I have used functioned perfectly and showed better accuracy than factory barrels.

I have enjoyed owning and shooting 357 Sig autos. I cited the above example as a way to let you have versatility with minimal costs. Should you decide that you don't need this versatility, then I suggest that you consider Glock, S&W, and CZ 9mm pistols. These brands are proven performers sold by companies providing superb support.

Site Supporter
    A 10mm will give you comparable power to the .357 across a broad spectrum of loads, comes in a variety of reasonably sized and priced current and out of production autoloaders, and if you decide at the end of the day that you don't actually like it, it shouldn't be as hard to sell off as a Coonan or whatever. Especially if you stick with GLOCK, quality 1911, and/or S&W 3rd gens.

Otherwise, stick with a .357 revolver.

Of course, this could be a single post drive-by, but those are my thoughts on .357 autoloaders.
    Last edited by Duelist; 08-14-2018 at 02:02 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Of course, this could be a single post drive-by
    I'm thinking you're right. Poor guy didn't get the answer he expected and left.

Chris

User Tag List