Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Off Duty Carry

Lounging at the house, it's normally a P250c in a CCC Uno v2 with clip, a Wilderness FF belt, a Lone Wolf version Spyderco waved Edura, and a Streamlight PT1L-1AA light.

If I head out among the masses, the P250c goes into an Uno with PTD snaps, a slightly longer FF belt, spare magazine in a JM pouch between belt and pants, a Kahr K9 in a JM IWB #3, and a KaBar TDI knife in a DSG sheath. The Endura gets swapped for a CKRT M16-14ZSF, and a spare Kahr magazine and a spare Streamlight PT1L get added to the off-side pocket in respective pouches.

If I need to be more discreet, then it's the K9 strong-side in a JM IWB #3 and a CW9 weak-side in a CCC Versa-Clip.

I should probably add that when I turn in for the night, the P250c in clip holster goes on the nightstand, and a pair of shorts with FF belt threaded through the loops and Endura in the pocket are folded nearby with a t-shirt, so that's an easy combo to don when I get up, either normally or otherwise.
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 08-14-2018 at 11:41 AM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    What I had on my day off today. This is my normal non working edc.Attachment 29402

Same as on duty....Glock 19.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    When I'm going to a high-traffic public place with my family, I'll often (but not always) carry a very nice looking leather satchel from Saddleback leather. It's called the "Indiana Satchel", and yes... it's a man purse. It has a trauma kit (including tourniquet, chest seal, pressure bandage, gauze, gloves, scissors, etc.), spare Beretta mag, mini survival kit, and and ESEE RB3 or Anza knife. I get away with it when carrying or holding my 3yr-old daughter's hand.
    Eh. I don't get what the deal is with guys thinking it's weird to begin with. I've got a VertX EDC Satchel as a BOB, and just recently bought a hand-tooled leather bag from a Spanish artisan for general use.

In Europe, men carrying bags (whether it's a small traveller's purse or larger attache-style) isn't a strange thing. In Spain, nearly every man has one. It's smart. It allows you to carry more stuff, more comfortably. So when travelling, I can keep my Mophie phone battery, charger, bottle of water, as well as extra cash, wallet, or documents in it. I also have a small travel-friendly trauma kit in it, just as my wife has everyday. It allows me to carry more stuff, as well as keep a lot of stuff out of my pockets which is more comfortable.

When I have some time at home, I'm going to glue a velcro panel to the inside of it so I can better organize things. I love it though.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Off duty is normally a G19/RMR which mimics my on duty gun minus an X300U (that might change if I try a Phlster Spotlight here soon). When I'm not feeling like carrying a gun I drop on a G43. Sometimes I'll throw on a spare mag but that's more often when I carry a G43. I carry a Spyderco PM2, wallet, chapstick, and badge. I usually don't carry a flash light but if I'm going to somewhere like a movie theater I throw on my SF Fury. I don't carry cuffs or OC or anything because I don't want to be carrying a full duty belt when I'm not working.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Same as on duty....Glock 19.

Eh. I don't get what the deal is with guys thinking it's weird to begin with. I've got a VertX EDC Satchel as a BOB, and just recently bought a hand-tooled leather bag from a Spanish artisan for general use.

In Europe, men carrying bags (whether it's a small traveller's purse or larger attache-style) isn't a strange thing. In Spain, nearly every man has one. It's smart. It allows you to carry more stuff, more comfortably. So when travelling, I can keep my Mophie phone battery, charger, bottle of water, as well as extra cash, wallet, or documents in it. I also have a small travel-friendly trauma kit in it, just as my wife has everyday. It allows me to carry more stuff, as well as keep a lot of stuff out of my pockets which is more comfortable.

When I have some time at home, I'm going to glue a velcro panel to the inside of it so I can better organize things. I love it though.
    I was about 26 when I got over the "man purse" stigma. Someone will make a joke every 3-4 weeks, you smile, that's as bad as it gets. As a professional they're too darn useful to have some macho hangup about.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    What I had on my day off today. This is my normal non working edc.Attachment 29402
    What holster is that please? Thanks

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by valian View Post
    Dark Star Gear Orion.

Walther PPS M2 9mm in a JMCK AIWB. With a 7rd mag in the gun plus a spare 8rd.

Name:  C67BC4AF-4F5B-4DAE-947E-16425B972BBF.jpg
Views: 1084
Size:  56.0 KB
    Name:  DF6676CB-81A6-41A7-938E-38DA4B68B240.jpg
Views: 1074
Size:  53.1 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Off duty, I typically carry a S&W 640 w/ wood service stocks and a Tyler T-Grip in a DSG holster and either a speed strip or Safariland Comp I in my strong side pocket.

I have my Surefire Sidekick clipped to my car keys, and lately I've been rocking the old Case Sodbuster Jr in yellow delrin with the CV blade instead of my Delica.

When I'm wearing pants and not shorts, I go with the Leatherman instead of the Case.

I use two front-pocket wallets. One with my DL, CWP, and credit cards. The other has my department ID, access card, and PBA card.

Quote Originally Posted by valian View Post
    Have you ever used a Phlster? Just curious how this compares aiwb.

Any issues with the clip?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

User Tag List