Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: SPACE FORCE

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    From BBC News:

A mysterious Russian satellite displaying "very abnormal behaviour" has raised alarm in the US, according to a State Department official.

"We don't know for certain what it is and there is no way to verify it," said assistant secretary Yleem Poblete at a conference in Switzerland on 14 August.

She voiced fears that it was impossible to say if the object may be a weapon.

Russia has dismissed the comments as "unfounded, slanderous accusations based on suspicious".

The satellite in question was launched in October last year.

"[The satellite's] behaviour on-orbit was inconsistent with anything seen before from on-orbit inspection or space situational awareness capabilities, including other Russian inspection satellite activities," Ms Poblete told the conference on disarmament in Switzerland.

"Russian intentions with respect to this satellite are unclear and are obviously a very troubling development," she added, citing recent comments made by the commander of Russia's Space Forces, who said adopting "new prototypes of weapons" was a key objective for the force.

Ms Poblete said that the US had "serious concerns" that Russia was developing anti-satellite weapons.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

^^^

Space Cowboys anyone?

Attachment 29149
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

I want to sign up....because I could do the Lord’s work killing shit from space.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I want to sign up....because I could do the Lord’s work killing shit from space.
    Pretty sure you’d be qualified as a “Space Shuttle Door Gunner” given you used to hang out of helos with a G36.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Pretty sure you’d be qualified as a “Space Shuttle Door Gunner” given you used to hang out of helos with a G36.
    Absolutely. Already got my Space Force Viking helmet picked out.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

"[The satellite's] behaviour on-orbit was inconsistent with anything seen before from on-orbit inspection or space situational awareness capabilities, including other Russian inspection satellite activities,"

"I know what they say about dog years vs. human years, but enough's enough already!"
    Last edited by blues; 08-15-2018 at 10:28 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I’ve never been in the military, but this just seems like a stupid idea to me.

Why can’t the USAF do whatever it is they need to do up there?
    Because we want to win?

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Name:  IMG_20180818_123638.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  70.5 KB
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Not 3 months ago, I read Lash Up by Larry Bond.

Name:  0765370174_b.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  21.0 KB

Pretty good story line, very plausible and timely given the start of the most recent 'trade war' with China.

Check it out if you get a chance....
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 08-18-2018 at 02:19 PM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List