Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Police Trade-In no-lock 642-1 j-frames...

Wonder how old they are?

This is very tempting.

I found a NIB 642 Pro for $350 locally. Between that find and this deal it's making it very difficult to keep from buying another J frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Proven Arms and Outfitters (formerly Quantico Tactical) have a bunch of Police Trade-In no-lock 642-1's available in three difference grades from $225 to $299:

http://www.provenoutfitters.com/sw-103810-642-1-no-lck

Attachment 28926
    Attachment 28927
    Just my luck. I literally clicked complete purchase on a 442 Pro Series from GrabAGun for $345 ten minutes before reading this post!
    Get some training and un-bitch yourself.

Online stock sold out. About 10 are available for local sales at the Woodbridge, VA store per Matt. Grade A and B only.
    Last edited by deputyG23; 08-10-2018 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Just my luck. I literally clicked complete purchase on a 442 Pro Series from GrabAGun for $345 ten minutes before reading this post!
    I have one of those en route, too. We'll have to compare notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I have one of those en route, too. We'll have to compare notes.
    Definitely. I ordered 200 rounds of Federal 148 gr wadcutters and 50 rounds of 110 gr Critical Defense. Iím thinking my first 5 will be the wadcutters on a moon clip for easier extraction and the CD for reload on a speed strip. If they shoot well that is.
    Ive got a lot of practice to do though before anything is set in stone. My last entry into the revolver world didnít last long so I am essentially a revolver virgin.

I would love to do the revolver round up but I think I need some more experience before I step into a venue like that.
    Last edited by Jay23; 08-12-2018 at 09:47 PM.
    Get some training and un-bitch yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    New ones were available for those prices after rebate toward the end of 2017. I ended up with an M&P 340.
    Look at gun.deals for Brownells plus code plus rebate deals on no-lock 442 and M&P 340.
    -----------------------------------------
    ^^^ DAO dork ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post

I would love to do the revolver round up but I think I need some more experience before I step into a venue like that.
    I would politely disagree, it's the perfect place to start. Every year there are several people who have never done more than casually plink with a wheelgun. And they do great. Ask Chance - he did just that, with a borrowed revolver.

What better place to learn good habits, and not pick up bad ones? And we'll have a ton (literally) of wheelguns to try out.

Between Wayne, Darryl, Chuck and Mark - you are going to get a lot of great tips and techniques in only two days.

Plus BBQ - imagine that.

Vending Machine Operator
    Lucky for my wallet the sale ran so quickly.
    Family Law Attorney | Admitted Beretta Fanboy

4th Botswana Light Cav Rich_Jenkins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I would politely disagree, it's the perfect place to start. Every year there are several people who have never done more than casually plink with a wheelgun. And they do great. Ask Chance - he did just that, with a borrowed revolver.

What better place to learn good habits, and not pick up bad ones? And we'll have a ton (literally) of wheelguns to try out.

Between Wayne, Darryl, Chuck and Mark - you are going to get a lot of great tips and techniques in only two days.

Plus BBQ - imagine that.
    Is there a 2019 date for this roundup of revolvers?

Asking for a friend.

And bbq you say. Hmmm.
    "Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now, that strength, which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find; and not to yield." --Tennyson

User Tag List