Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Police Trade-In no-lock 642-1 j-frames...

Wonder how old they are?

This is very tempting.

I found a NIB 642 Pro for $350 locally. Between that find and this deal it's making it very difficult to keep from buying another J frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Proven Arms and Outfitters (formerly Quantico Tactical) have a bunch of Police Trade-In no-lock 642-1's available in three difference grades from $225 to $299:

http://www.provenoutfitters.com/sw-103810-642-1-no-lck

Attachment 28926
    Attachment 28927
    Just my luck. I literally clicked complete purchase on a 442 Pro Series from GrabAGun for $345 ten minutes before reading this post!
    Get some training and un-bitch yourself.

Online stock sold out. About 10 are available for local sales at the Woodbridge, VA store per Matt. Grade A and B only.
    Last edited by deputyG23; 08-10-2018 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Just my luck. I literally clicked complete purchase on a 442 Pro Series from GrabAGun for $345 ten minutes before reading this post!
    I have one of those en route, too. We'll have to compare notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I have one of those en route, too. We'll have to compare notes.
    Definitely. I ordered 200 rounds of Federal 148 gr wadcutters and 50 rounds of 110 gr Critical Defense. Iím thinking my first 5 will be the wadcutters on a moon clip for easier extraction and the CD for reload on a speed strip. If they shoot well that is.
    Ive got a lot of practice to do though before anything is set in stone. My last entry into the revolver world didnít last long so I am essentially a revolver virgin.

I would love to do the revolver round up but I think I need some more experience before I step into a venue like that.
    Last edited by Jay23; 08-12-2018 at 08:47 PM.
    Get some training and un-bitch yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    New ones were available for those prices after rebate toward the end of 2017. I ended up with an M&P 340.
    Look at gun.deals for Brownells plus code plus rebate deals on no-lock 442 and M&P 340.
    -----------------------------------------
    ^^^ DAO dork ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post

I would love to do the revolver round up but I think I need some more experience before I step into a venue like that.
    I would politely disagree, it's the perfect place to start. Every year there are several people who have never done more than casually plink with a wheelgun. And they do great. Ask Chance - he did just that, with a borrowed revolver.

What better place to learn good habits, and not pick up bad ones? And we'll have a ton (literally) of wheelguns to try out.

Between Wayne, Darryl, Chuck and Mark - you are going to get a lot of great tips and techniques in only two days.

Plus BBQ - imagine that.

Vending Machine Operator
    Lucky for my wallet the sale ran so quickly.
    Family Law Attorney | Admitted Beretta Fanboy

Wag more, Bark less Rich_Jenkins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I would politely disagree, it's the perfect place to start. Every year there are several people who have never done more than casually plink with a wheelgun. And they do great. Ask Chance - he did just that, with a borrowed revolver.

What better place to learn good habits, and not pick up bad ones? And we'll have a ton (literally) of wheelguns to try out.

Between Wayne, Darryl, Chuck and Mark - you are going to get a lot of great tips and techniques in only two days.

Plus BBQ - imagine that.
    Is there a 2019 date for this roundup of revolvers?

Asking for a friend.

And bbq you say. Hmmm.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught.Ē
    ó J. C. Watts

User Tag List