Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back to the light!

Vending Machine Operator

Back to the light!

Hey all. For anyone who cares (PF has been great about caring but I never like to assume):

I am still considering JAG as a 3-5 year option but came to the conclusion that my health and fitness are going to be a bit longer a haul than I thought (not just weight, I've had a few surgeries that limit exercise intensity and frequency).

So, I needed a job in the long haul.

When I started posting here in 2014 to December 2016, I worked as a primarily misdemeanor prosecutor with occasional felony work. Then for the past two years I did defense, divorces, and custody, which I violently have disliked.

Last Friday, I interviewed in a town I like much better than my current one, and I got the job. As a felony prosecutor.

To my surprise, my crazy dense trial experience the last few years was the most in the office, so they're not just putting me on felonies, they're making me their lead felony prosecutor on violent crimes and major drug crimes. The other prosecutors will take all the property crimes, domestics, misdemeanors, and simple possessions off my hands. I'm going to be able to just go after the baddest guys.

30 is pretty young for this, and as a bonus I am really good friends (10 years plus) with a lot of the law enforcement officers in this town already, so I am going to have a head start in the trust of the officers I work with.

It's nice to be back prosecuting. I think I am due for a sig line change.

Thanks to everyone who provided career path input, especially on the JAG stuff. All very helpful.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Congrats! This sounds like it may be a good fit and just the thing you needed.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Congrats! Now go out there and kick some ASS!

You're in a position to do a lot of good for a lot of people, and they'll be counting on you.

Well done.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Vending Machine Operator
    Thanks guys. I don't move until next month but I called today and asked them to send me discovery and reports for an agg assault trial in March and a murder in April. Looks like we're jumpin' in with both feet. I'll do my best work.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

It sounds like a positive direction for you! Those last couple of years may have been a real drag, but look at the bright side, that slog helped you break through at an earlier age than most. The slog is the toughest part, the silver lining is, in a couple of more years? You'll look back at that period and be glad you did it. There was a motivation in you to stick with it and hindsight being 20-20 will certainly help you make peace with it.

Site Supporter
    Congratulations on the new job!

That sounds like a great move - great professional advancement and likely some good job satisfaction.

I’m very pleased for you.

Congratulations!
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Congratulations!

If you're still interested in he JAG gig, may I repeat my suggestion of checking with the National Guard or a Reserve element?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List