Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig P320 dilemma

Sig P320 dilemma

This is my first post.

I want to buy the P320 Compact because it comes with manual safety. However, I have huge hands and the Carry model feels great because of the length and size of the grip, but you can't get the Carry with the safety. Can I buy the Compact (320c-45-bss-ms) and then buy the Carry lower and install that on the Compact? Would I just drill a hole for the safety? I'm just getting into guns so excuse anything that sounds silly.

Thanks for any help from you experts out there!

Drport

Quote Originally Posted by drport View Post
    This is my first post.

I want to buy the P320 Compact because it comes with manual safety. However, I have huge hands and the Carry model feels great because of the length and size of the grip, but you can't get the Carry with the safety. Can I buy the Compact (320c-45-bss-ms) and then buy the Carry lower and install that on the Compact? Would I just drill a hole for the safety? I'm just getting into guns so excuse anything that sounds silly.

Thanks for any help from you experts out there!

Drport
    The beauty of the P320 platform is that you can drill and cut up a frame all you want, and then just buy another if you didn't like the work you did on it.......but yes, you can cut the frame to accommodate the manual safety. You are right though, the full sized grip is a much more comfortable setup for big hands. Also, I would recommend the full length grip especially on the .45acp to help keep the muzzle flat during rapid shooting.
    "A man with an experience is not a slave to a man with an opinion."

To bad the carry doesn't come with a manual safety. I have a FS, carry and compact and I agree the FS/carry grip feels great. You should call the Pro shop in Epping NH and ask one of those guys/girls. If anyone has a solution it's them.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    The Smith and Wesson M&P series is also worth looking at if you want a manual safety on a plastic pistol.

I love the M&P safety and the way they shoot...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Like the others before me, I’m an M&P guy. I carry one as my EDC, and on-duty. The safety version is great too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Another vote for the M&P with safety - come on over....

My experience with the manual safety on either model is not extensive, but I did find the P320 to have a very positive and consistent engagement/disengagement from new service guns to guns that have over 5k rounds through them. The M&P safety is also nice, but I find the ergonomics of the P320 to make the operation of the safety much more fluid. Either would work well, so ultimately I would pick the platform you like best.
    "A man with an experience is not a slave to a man with an opinion."

Quote Originally Posted by KhanRad View Post
    My experience with the manual safety on either model is not extensive, but I did find the P320 to have a very positive and consistent engagement/disengagement from new service guns to guns that have over 5k rounds through them. The M&P safety is also nice, but I find the ergonomics of the P320 to make the operation of the safety much more fluid. Either would work well, so ultimately I would pick the platform you like best.
    I haven't seen a 320 with manual safety yet but look forward to trying one when I can.

Funny the 320, being modular and all, lacks the ability to add or remove the safety based on preference. The M&P has this ability but without the modularuly. Go figure. I guess the 320 thumb safety was added to the design later as a complete afterthought?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Funny the 320, being modular and all, lacks the ability to add or remove the safety based on preference. The M&P has this ability but without the modularuly. Go figure. I guess the 320 thumb safety was added to the design later as a complete afterthought?
    One can add or delete the manual safety on a P320, you just have to have the right parts. The biggest issue is that Sig doesn't want to make any grip modules with safety cut in any size but medium. Let's face it, as well as it is designed, the manual safety P320 will be a low demand item.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

User Tag List