Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cz SP01 or Beretta 92 (Elite LTT)

I really appreciate all of you sharing your thoughts and experience. I was expecting this to be more evenly split (or even more pro CZ). I'll be placing an order with Langdon in the next day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    The short answer is, it all comes down to what your intended purpose is - gaming vs concealed carry.

You can get an amazing trigger in either a CZ or a Beretta; however, in my opinion the SP-01 variants are largely only suitable for gaming or general range use, whereas the Beretta can be used for both. The standard SP-01 could be used, but manual decocking in a stressful situation is unadvised and given the Shadow has no firing pin safety, that's not advisable for carry. They do make decocker variant SP-01's, but the trigger generally sucks in my experience, even when specifically worked on by someone who knows what they're doing (e.g. Cajun).

In addition, while both are durable guns in that they'll go the long haul on overall round counts, an SP-01 will break a whole lot more parts along the way than a 92 will.
    I used similar logic.

I had the same conundrum as the OP. The question was Beretta or a CZ Shadow/Shadow 2. The way I saw it, the CZ shadows are much less suited to serious use eg home defense than the Berettas given that they lack a firing pin block and one of the common mods is an extended firing pin- a recipe for not being drop safe. The Beretta firing pin block on the other hand is very well designed. Another thing is that the CZ's are very front heavy. Berettas are balanced very well in my opinion.

The parts for both are easily available. CZ hands down has the better aftermarket due to czc and cgw but Beretta is catching up quickly with Wilson Combat, Langdon, Alleghany, etc.

Prices between both are honestly pretty similar as far as the guns themselves, the parts, the mags, accessories, etc.

CZ's are notorious for breaking slide stops and trigger return springs. This was supposedly improved with the Shadow 2 but u don't know if the slide stop will ever not be an issue. Berettas can break locking blocks but I think this is rare with the current Gen locking block. Same with current generation trigger return springs (but even then an alternative exists).

On top of this stuff, I'm not a huge fan of the controls on the CZ's. The slide stop is jetting out where I want to put my support hand and the safety just feels odd compared to 1911's or even HK's. The lack of decockers is annoying as well given the lack of a firing pin block and the fact that you will probably use an extended firing pin.

I believe that excluding the Shadow 2, the CZ's have notably worse finishing even though they may be accurate and work well.

Then finally, just based on looks, the Beretta wins :P

I must shoot one of these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, it depends on usage. CZs make better game guns, but prefer Berettas for defensive use.

User Tag List