Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best way to clean carbon off WML?

Site Supporter
    I used to just rub oil (slip 2000) on the lense and end of the light . The carbon should just wipe off when your done training. If you forgot an eraser or toothpaste work

Oils and Lotions SME
    When it's really bad, a Magic Eraser works like...magic. It does scuff the lens slightly though.
    Hokey religions and ancient lubricants are no match for a good Group IV PAO

Owner 360 Performance Shooting

The chapstick trick works great for me. I just wipe it off with a cloth and reapply a very light layer. I shot close to 2000 rounds in 5 days recently and did that every day. Very easy.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

I wipe it off with a Balistol soaked rag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Site Supporter
    I've always used tooth paste.

I have used that metal/plastic/etc polish for over 10 years. It’s in a tube at the grocery store by the Brasso. One brand is MAAS, and I forget the other. Looks like blue toothpaste. Zero effort. Put it on with a rag. Wipe it away. No damage to the lens.

Site Supporter
    Some time ago I had to send an X300 back to Surefire because the lens was floating loose in the bezel, just enough that you could feel play in all directions if you tried wiping it. The CS rep told me that using oil or petroleum based cleaning products could cause the gasket to degrade and result in what I had happen. He recommended erasers or toothpaste.
    Polite Professional

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I have used that metal/plastic/etc polish for over 10 years. It’s in a tube at the grocery store by the Brasso. One brand is MAAS, and I forget the other. Looks like blue toothpaste. Zero effort. Put it on with a rag. Wipe it away. No damage to the lens.
    Flitz?

Quote Originally Posted by Evan_O View Post
    Flitz?
    Possibly. The stuff I have now is MAAS so I can’t look and see.

User Tag List