Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Pocket Carry

I carry a Shield with 7 round mag in the strong side front pocket of my cargo shorts at work. A spare 7 rounder is in the off side pocket. Gotta clean the lint out of them every couple weeks to be safe.

I spend a ton of time bending over in front of customers to work on bicycles and don't want to print and freak out someone (can't afford to lose a customer) or have my shirt ride up if I was doing AIWB while lifting a bike off an upper storage rack. I'm standing all day so not worried about being seated and unable to draw. The last time I timed myself I was in the 2 second range for a clean 7 yard head shot from the pocket.

The holster is a thin kydex one I made myself with a vacuum molding gizmo I have for custom shoe fitting. The thin kydex started to crack so I wrapped the nose of it with tape to keep the foam insert in place. It has a thumb shelf on the inside edge so that my thumb pushes off on the holster as I draw the gun to make sure I just draw the gun not the holster.

Loose cargo shorts or black Dockers is ideal. Some jeans work but only if they're relaxed fit with a generous pocket. The unused cargo pocket flap does a good job of masking the shape and black pants likewise hide the profile.

To help mask the profile I designed the nose of the holster to be as big as the grip so the shape doesn't scream gun. It's big enough I'm going to get a light added on and make use of the bulk instead of just having a foam filler. There's enough retention on the inside side of the holster that you have to shake the holster to dislodge the gun. It's not a tight fit but it doesn't just fall out from its own weight.

Name:  IMG_5417.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  20.4 KB

Name:  IMG_5418.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  17.4 KB

I carried the shit out of a g43 in a pj kydex pocket rig. I really should pick up a new kydex pocket holster. I sold that one with my last g43.

IMHO I’ve been carrying a S&W 442 primarily in a Kramer or Mika pocket holster for 25 years. Usually as a backup and a primary in NPEs. But now I’ve picked up a LCP and this is my go everywhere BUG at least in summer. It’s carried in the holster supplied by Ruger. Looking to get a leather holster soon.

Pocket Carry

Apologies in advance for the thread bump, but here goes....

I’m 5’10” 190 pounds, 32” waist. At least 3-4x a week I find myself in a tucked in button down shirt and tailored/fitted wool trousers. And since I am under the age of 60, pleated trousers aren’t an option. Haha.

Am I completely insane for asking if I can pull off a .380 auto in a pocket holster?

I’ve got a solid tuckable option for when I’m dressed like this on my own time, but it’s not feasible for easy on/off. I am in and out of my customer’s office often during the week. The only gap I have in my coverage is the trip to and from the office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Crews; 08-21-2018 at 07:47 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crews View Post

I’m 5’10” 190 pounds, 32” waist. At least 3-4x a week I find myself in a tucked in button down shirt and tailored/fitted wool trousers. And since I am under the age of 60, pleated trousers aren’t an option. Haha.

Am I completely insane for asking if I can pull off a .380 auto in a pocket holster?

I’ve got a solid tuckable option for when I’m dressed like this on my own time, but it’s not feasible for easy on/off. I am in and out of my customer’s office often during the week. The only gap I have in my coverage is the trip to and from the office.

I’m 46, and about your size. I wear pleated wool trousers. Hate non-pleated.

I can get by with my G42 in a pocket in that type of trouser, but an LCP would be easier. Just not as good a fit for shooting and so forth.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crews View Post

I am 47 and have no problem wearing pleated dress slacks. They go a long way to making pocket carry work.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Banned
    I pocket carried a Shield with a Desantis Gun Hide for a while. The Gun Hide is designed to look like a wallet and fit in the back pocket. The problem is it was (literally) a pain in the ass to sit on. I was wearing company issued 5.11 pants so I had big pockets to work with

I currently pocket carry a Glock 26 in a Blackhawk Tech Grip holster daily. I wear regular Walmart Wrangler Cargo Shorts so big pockets again but there's clearly SOMETHING in the pocket but since I'm at home I don't care.

The best luck I've had was with a Ruger LC9 in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster. That disappears
    Last edited by Cypher; 08-21-2018 at 09:20 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I have a corollary question to pocket carry.

Ok, so I emptied my strong side pocket and slip my LCR in there. My keys now go in my weak side pocket along with phone.

What would you guys suggest I do with my Benchmade Mini Grip, formerly clipped to my strong side pocket?

Or do I just pocket a SAK in my other pocket? Thanks, just looking for some ideas of what ya’ll have done.

https://www.buckknives.com/product/b...ife/0285FAM01/

This is what I carry when I'm pocket carrying. It's light weight but adequate to cut open Amazon boxes. I just carry it in my shirt pocket.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Unfortunately I sold mine for some of the same reasons many have listed here I just didn't mush well with it in "stock" form and I didn't want to invest time and money to make it fit for me. I went back to a 19.4 and will add a snubby of some sort.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    Unfortunately I sold mine for some of the same reasons many have listed here I just didn't mush well with it in "stock" form and I didn't want to invest time and money to make it fit for me. I went back to a 19.4 and will add a snubby of some sort.
    And this was the wrong thread
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

User Tag List