Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Pocket Carry

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Pocket carry depends heavily on proper pants selection. I am carrying a Glock 26 in an Aholster pocket holster as I type this. I would think a Shield would work about as well as any 9mm for pocket carry.

To get something significantly smaller, a tiny .380 would be a good option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is really the crux of the biscuit in relation to pocket carry. I usually pocket an LCR with boot grips, but some pants pockets limit me to a KelTec 32. At the moment I'm wearing my usual Duluth Trading stuff & am very comfortably pocketing a Kahr CW9. In fact, I had reason the other evening to wander out in the yard late at night and one of my PX4CCs was the handiest weapon at the moment. I was astonished when I slipped it into my front pocket expecting something that would only be described as very casual concealment & POOF it disappeared! It was a big lump and too damn heavy for anything but a few minutes there, but I was quite surprised.

I've been using homemade plastic milk jug holsters for pocket carry since I bought my first and only pocket J-frame holster years ago. It was bulky and came out of the pocket with the gun. I like pants (now shorts) that have double front pockets on the right (for me strong) side; 5.11, Mountain Khakis, pistol in the front and the folder goes in the rear of the double front pockets. Here are a S&W BG380, a G42 and a S&W 337.

Name:  bg380 - 1.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  74.0 KB

Name:  g43 - 1.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  51.1 KB

Name:  jframe - 1.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  57.0 KB
    Last edited by SteveB; 08-22-2018 at 05:48 PM.

I have Safariland, Aholster, Mika, Simply Rugged, but my absolute favorite is a Kramer. I rarely use anything else anymore for pocket carry with a j-frame.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    I have Safariland, Aholster, Mika, Simply Rugged, but my absolute favorite is a Kramer. I rarely use anything else anymore for pocket carry with a j-frame.
    Interesting how different things work for different people. I have a Kramer pocket holster for my Glock 26, but no longer use it. My Aholster conceals the gun much more effectively and separates from the gun much more reliably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    I've been using homemade plastic milk jug holsters for pocket carry since I bought my first and only pocket J-frame holster years ago. It was bulky and came out of the pocket with the gun. I like pants (now shorts) that have double front pockets on the right (for me strong) side; 5.11, Mountain Khakis, pistol in the front and the folder goes in the rear of the double front pockets. Here are a S&W BG380, a G42 and a S&W 337.
    Dude, that's brilliant. Seriously.

My choice

I carry My G26 with a Mic Holster and wear Cargo Pants(sometimes wranglers) 36 inch waistband, for a EDC from the moment I wake up until I go to bed.
    When I go to bed I take the 10 round mag out and put in a 33 round magazine that is within arms reach.
    When I draw the pistol from my front pants pocket and point it at my target the Mic is pulled off of the Pistol by the lanyard attached to my belt.
    Works for me.
    Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey and More money
    Tom T. Hall(The Cowboy and the Poet)

User Tag List