Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Gun(s) Did You Buy - Or Want To - Simply Because of TV and/or Movies?

I spent a great deal of time deeply considering the merits of the AUG against other competing assault rifles before adding one to the safe based solely on its attributes as a combat firearm.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    PPK because of reasons. I got a Makarov because it was cheap and close, and a PPK/S BB gun. Sold the Makarov, still might someday get a PPK.

Beretta 92 because of Lethal Weapon and Die Hard. And the Army. Finally got one. It’s good.

Still want a SAA and a Schofield because of all the Louis L’amour novels and cowboy movies I devoured growing up. Just have a Single Six.

Want a Katana because of reading Shogun and The Highlander movie and TV series. Only have a bokken.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Full size USP45 because I got a screaming deal on it and because Collateral. Traded it to my buddy for something.
    Picked up a USP45 for the same reason. While I really like the gun, it’s too big for my hands to shoot as well as my other more ‘conventional’ guns. I thought about selling it and buying an LEM HK45 so I could have a more practical .45 because I found out .45 is pretty fun to shoot.

Originally wanted to shoot USPSA with it using a IWB from concealment like Vincent but never got around to doing it.

I may or may not have had fun doing mozambiques and supine bill drills with it at times on the range

Name:  C881A0AD-F68C-4192-9CE5-6F536E9A7439.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  80.5 KB

please delete--screwed up post
    Last edited by Ed L; 08-06-2018 at 04:12 PM.

An STG-44 after seeing it in several episodes on Larry Vickers' former show on the Sportsman's channel called Tactical Arms, and in the movie Fury. I am still waiting for the paperwork to clear.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Ed L; 08-06-2018 at 04:15 PM.

Bought one of those 9mm Schmisser clones because of Indiana Jones and Where Eagles Dare.
    Didn't like it, and sold it.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

S&W 4506 from The Shield
    Beretta 92 from everything
    1911 from everything
    Desert Eagle from everything
    HK MP5 from everything

Probably a bunch of others too.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Beretta 92 : Lethal Weapon
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

I bought my first gun in 1972. A Colt Python, knowing nothing about it except that it looked really cool. I felt vindicated the next year when I saw that all the bad cops in Magnum Force ( second Dirty Harry movie) carried one. I still have it. Early lesson - buy a major brand but pick what looks coolest. 😏 Probably why I’ve always resisted Glocks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    S&W 4506 from The Shield
    Beretta 92 from everything
    1911 from everything
    Desert Eagle from everything
    HK MP5 from everything

Probably a bunch of others too.
    Oh, yeah. 4506, because Sonny Crockett. Bought a 4516 instead because I thought I’d be more likely to actually carry it.

Love it. Would probably have loved a 4506 as much, but the only one I got my hands on at the time I was shopping had the slide buffed to a mirror. Gag.

User Tag List