Salient takes a Benelli M2 and sells this for $2995.00,
    Name:  image.png
Views: 662
Size:  77.6 KB

Breda produces the B12i
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  16.7 KB

Please fit the 1301 Comp with an 18.5" vent rib barrel and.....

TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!

Concur, one of my wants is to buy one and have it chopped. It would be nice to not have to go to the trouble, and also retain the ability to use chokes/suppressors.

Chopping a shotgun barrel and threading it to accept the choke tubes of choice ran me $80.00 from a local Smith a few years back when I built my first SBS. I suspect one could do the same work on a 1301 for much less than the Salient Benelli as pictured.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

It cannot be done because of the gas system used on the Comp. It is a bit different gun than what the regular 1301 is based on. The shortest they can get it to run with the desired reliability with a very wide range of loads is 21”. My next gun is going to be a couple of the new A400’s set up with likely 24’s to shoot both clays and defensive use.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    It cannot be done because of the gas system used on the Comp. It is a bit different gun than what the regular 1301 is based on. The shortest they can get it to run with the desired reliability with a very wide range of loads is 21”. My next gun is going to be a couple of the new A400’s set up with likely 24’s to shoot both clays and defensive use.
    That's not what I wanted to hear. Guess I'll take a long, hard look at the 21" Comp 1301 vs 1301 Tactical.

But Beretta, if you're listening, I'll take a narrower range of loads if it means that is what it'll take for an 18.5" 1301 Comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    That's not what I wanted to hear. Guess I'll take a long, hard look at the 21" Comp 1301 vs 1301 Tactical.

But Beretta, if you're listening, I'll take a narrower range of loads if it means that is what it'll take for an 18.5" 1301 Comp.
    Sadly, the first time the gun chokes on Walmart sale birdshot.....the internet will erupt with "this gun and Beretta sucks". I would also make the sacrifice, but it is what it is. I may cut my 21" Benelli 3 gun to the next rib back for a short vent rib gun, and then set the Beretta's up as true dual purpose bird gun that can be used defensively.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List