Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OWB for Glock 26

Site Supporter
    G26: I mostly carry IWB, or in a Smartcarry, and I’m experimenting with a Miami Classic.

For OWB, I have a G19-sized RCS Phantom. It works well. But I rarely use it. If I’m going OWB, I usually carry a larger gun, and I don’t yet have a larger Glock. I have a JMCK OWB2 for my Beretta 92. 0 cant, used at 3:00. It carries very nicely. I imagine one would do well with a Glock.

I have never used a Glock brand holster.
    Last edited by Duelist; 08-06-2018 at 09:40 AM.

No experience with OWB kydex, but if you want leather, the Kramer pancake holster is excellent. I had used one for a G27 that I got in trade, and it was boned so well that the gun "clicked" into it like it was kydex.

https://www.kramerleather.com/collec.../belt-scabbard
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I've never had a Rosen holster, but several people have recommended the 5JR and the Upper Limit. The Upper Limit's attraction is that it can be worn without a suit jacket.

https://mitchrosen.com/products/holsters/belt-holsters/

No show of hands please, but how many of y'all have a box full of holsters, nice holsters for a particular handgun? When the holster arrived workmanship was great but it didn't do what you wanted it to. Not the holsters fault, but it just didn't quite hit the bullseye for what you were looking for.

So what to buy for my full-size USP 45. After much thought I decided on JM Custom Kydex OWB 1 black with a full guard. I placed the order on 7-2-18 and got it in my hand today, 8-6-18. This holster is molded perfectly for the USP. Holds the pistol securely and the holster hugs my.......well..........love handles. Anyway, I am satisfied with my purchase and will definitely buy again!

Banned
    I think I'm just an old fart. When I buy a gun I just get a GalcoCM to go with it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    No show of hands please, but how many of y'all have a box full of holsters, nice holsters for a particular handgun? When the holster arrived workmanship was great but it didn't do what you wanted it to. Not the holsters fault, but it just didn't quite hit the bullseye for what you were looking for.

So what to buy for my full-size USP 45. After much thought I decided on JM Custom Kydex OWB 1 black with a full guard. I placed the order on 7-2-18 and got it in my hand today, 8-6-18. This holster is molded perfectly for the USP. Holds the pistol securely and the holster hugs my.......well..........love handles. Anyway, I am satisfied with my purchase and will definitely buy again!
    What are the advantages /disadvantage of the different guard lengths?

The guard is between the pistol and your body. It keeps sweat from your body contacting your firearm, thus lessening the chance of rusting. Body oil/salt on your sidearm may give rust a place to start. Not implying rust won't happen, but the full guard is there as a barrier.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    The guard is between the pistol and your body. It keeps sweat from your body contacting your firearm, thus lessening the chance of rusting. Body oil/salt on your sidearm may give rust a place to start. Not implying rust won't happen, but the full guard is there as a barrier.
    I actually like the guard for keeping a sharp edge on the rear sight or slide lock lever, or a rough texture on the slide or grip, from abrading my skin or T-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I actually like the guard for keeping a sharp edge on the rear sight or slide lock lever, or a rough texture on the slide or grip, from abrading my skin or T-shirt.
    Yessir, this is what I like about the Perun.

OWB for Glock 26

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    I've never had a Rosen holster, but several people have recommended the 5JR and the Upper Limit. The Upper Limit's attraction is that it can be worn without a suit jacket.

https://mitchrosen.com/products/holsters/belt-holsters/
    I had an Upper Limit Express for my (sold) P30SK, as well as for my (current) G19. It was a well made, good fitting holster.

I started using the Perun over the UL for the G19 because the Perun was so much lighter.
    Last edited by RJ; 08-06-2018 at 07:50 PM.

User Tag List