Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OWB for Glock 26

Site Supporter

OWB for Glock 26

I am looking at getting a OWB for a Glock 26. I prefer OWB carry to IWB carry, so I need a decent holster. For way too many years I have carried a J-frame or LCP off duty. Was not a wise move!

Right now I am looking at the JM Custom Kydex OWB 2.

Are there other options I should look at? Would the OWB 2 be better for a G26 than the OWB 1?

What are the advantages/disadvantages of the different guard types on the holster?

Right now I am using a Graith belt (love it!) and a decent temp holster, but I need a better holster.

As a side note, do any of you have recommendations for good CCW leather belts? I like the Graith, but I would like to have a leather belt for when I need it.

Thank you all!

I have had extremely good luck with my Raven Concealment Systems Perun.

I use it for my G26 with +2 factory mag extensions. The price is reasonable, the retention is adequate and the workmanship is good. I wear mine set vertically, close to centerline or what I call AOWB.

Second the Perun.
    I have one for G19 and one for G17. Both carry very well.
    And they are cheap

I have both the JMC owb 2 and the rc perun and imo he JMC is far superior. The rc is a good holster for the price for sure but the JMC is excellent you won’t be disappointed.

As far as leather belts, I like beltman because they have 1.25 inch that works well with suit/casual slacks. Bullhide belts are excellent as well and probably prefer those over the beltman but they don’t make a 1.25 inch.
    https://www.bullhidebelts.com/collec...iAAEgLDJ_D_BwE

For G19 or smaller, the Kore belts aren’t too bad.

I'm not sure if Tom (Dark Star Gear) is making his OWB holster on a regular basis these days but I can say that I'm quite pleased with it.

Mine is sized for a G17 but I used it for my 19 and 26 this past month for qualifications. Hides well for OWB by hugging the body with fixed Biothane loops.

(I wore it with a twenty something year old Aker leather gun belt. I have one which is steel lined and another which is lined with polymer. Both work great.)
    Last edited by blues; 08-05-2018 at 05:40 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

If you want active retention, there’s the Safariland 537.
    https://www.safariland.com/products/...ter-53700.html

I have mixed feelings about it. It’s a high ride, which is good for concealment but a bit awkward on the draw. And the body of the holster is too stiff to wrap around my hip(33” waist)so I have to wear it father back than I’d like. That probably wouldn’t be an issue for a larger person. The retention system works easily and well but is not as secure against a grab attempt as the ALS duty holsters.

I keep it as an under-jacket or walking in the woods option.

Site Supporter
    Would the OWB 2 be better for a G26 than the OWB 1?
    I haven't used them with a G26, but I have both the OWB1 and OWB2 for my full-size PX4s. Tony advises that the OWB 1 works better for 34" waists and above. I have a 33" waist and found that the OWB1 seems to move around a bit on the belt while the OWB2 stays put better. I found no difference in concealability between the two. I have no idea if this would apply to the G26.

With having boxes of holsters both cheap and expensive I choose the Glock Sport / Combat for all OWB wear .

Hammertime
    Glock Sport Combat or Raven Perun for cheap likely to work options.

I am fond of my Dale Fricke Gideon for OWB Glock carry though.

Site Supporter
    The Glock sport combat holster is my most used Glock holster. Set up properly, it works very well. Ditto the Glock mag pouch as well.

User Tag List