Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belt pouch for a Zippo

Belt pouch for a Zippo

Who makes a decent belt pouch for a Zippo Blu? It seems the actual Zippo brand products are garbage - I tried a Z-Clip and it literally broke within five seconds of taking it out of the packaging. (Which is just as well, the retention didn't seem too great either.) Non-Zippo brand pouches that are generally available from places regular people buy stuff from seem kind of iffy as well. Do note that my lighter is one of those butane torch jobbies, not the normal gas lighter. The belt the pouch would go on is your standard 1.5" gun belt type. Not looking for unicorn leather and decorative diamonds, I just want to move the lighter out of my pocket so it doesn't press against my leg all day long. So something utilitarian will do, it just needs to be of reasonable enough quality that I can in good faith expect to retain ownership of my lighter, even if I happen to be wearing the lighter pouch when I decide to crawl under my truck or something like that. Inexpensive but reliable, in other words.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Who makes a decent belt pouch for a Zippo Blu? It seems the actual Zippo brand products are garbage - I tried a Z-Clip and it literally broke within five seconds of taking it out of the packaging. (Which is just as well, the retention didn't seem too great either.) Non-Zippo brand pouches that are generally available from places regular people buy stuff from seem kind of iffy as well. Do note that my lighter is one of those butane torch jobbies, not the normal gas lighter. The belt the pouch would go on is your standard 1.5" gun belt type. Not looking for unicorn leather and decorative diamonds, I just want to move the lighter out of my pocket so it doesn't press against my leg all day long. So something utilitarian will do, it just needs to be of reasonable enough quality that I can in good faith expect to retain ownership of my lighter, even if I happen to be wearing the lighter pouch when I decide to crawl under my truck or something like that. Inexpensive but reliable, in other words.
    I haven't used this specific product, but I've been pretty happy with the other stuff I've ordered from there.

https://countycomm.com/collections/p...ase-by-maratac

Warning: you might find a bunch of stuff you didn't know you needed. Place is dangerous
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    Warning: you might find a bunch of stuff you didn't know you needed. Place is dangerous

That's for sure!
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

I haven't used this specific product, but I've been pretty happy with the other stuff I've ordered from there.

https://countycomm.com/collections/p...ase-by-maratac

Thank you. I had managed to stay away from that web site for several years... This brings us to a good news / bad news scenario:

Bad news: they quote a shipping price to my country for purchases that exceed $150. The lighter holster costs $5. That leaves me wondering if they'd ship that at all.

Good news: it took about two minutes before I was looking at a big stainless steel skull for $145 and wondering how much my girlfriend would like that for a Halloween decoration.

Bad news: I could spend that $150 getting a new radiator for my truck, or a million other things.

Even worse news: I wasn't through browsing their web site yet...

So now I've got a shopping list of a whole bunch of neat stuff I'd like to buy, if I had the money for it. A minor hickup: the zippo pouch you linked fits belts up to 1.25". Mine is a 1.5". So I still need a belt pouch for a Zippo...

Site Supporter
    I look at that skull every time I visit.

Speed strip pouch? tuff-products-quickstrip-belt-pouch-nylon

I have an old dump pouch, which holds my zippo and (barely) closes over a 1.5" uniform belt ( single layer) . My google-fu did not find any dump pouches.
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

I don/t know if Amazon ships to your AO:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...=276U5244VXAPR

Privateer makes some nice challenge coin holders. Perhaps he can do something custom?

https://www.privateerleather.com/acc...-miscellaneous
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Kind of wide for a lighter?

(I do have a very pretty speed strip pouch from Simply Rugged... Hmm. But yeah, a bit large for a single lighter. Funny, I had not thought about that pouch at all as an option. But I do believe I would like to keep it a bit more obviously a lighter pouch.)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I don/t know if Amazon ships to your AO:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...=276U5244VXAPR

Privateer makes some nice challenge coin holders. Perhaps he can do something custom?

https://www.privateerleather.com/acc...-miscellaneous
    Amazon does ship some of the products on their page here, but not others. Depends on the brand name, whether the product ships from their warehouse or is sold by a third party... There is really no rhyme or reason on what they'll sell me and what they won't. Did you have something particular in mind? Like I said, I lost faith in Zippo brand Zippo pouches when the Z-Clip broke the instant I took it out of its packaging... And generic China-wares are a bit of a gamble, quality-wise.

Custom leather pouch does seem like the way this thing is going... But I'm still hoping for a bit cheaper and faster solution to this problem. Perhaps for Christmas I might get something custom made, as a present for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Amazon does ship some of the products on their page here, but not others. Depends on the brand name, whether the product ships from their warehouse or is sold by a third party... There is really no rhyme or reason on what they'll sell me and what they won't. Did you have something particular in mind? Like I said, I lost faith in Zippo brand Zippo pouches when the Z-Clip broke the instant I took it out of its packaging... And generic China-wares are a bit of a gamble, quality-wise.

Custom leather pouch does seem like the way this thing is going... But I'm still hoping for a bit cheaper and faster solution to this problem. Perhaps for Christmas I might get something custom made, as a present for myself.
    No...just spitballing...and trying to keep in mind that you are OCONUS.

I see guys wearing leather Zippo belt pouches somewhat regularly here in south Texas. I think they are generally made by the same folks who sell leather wallets and cell phone holders at gunshows and whatnot.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Any access to Kydex where you are? (could you heat form your own)

No idea what shipping would be, but Aaron at GypsyEDC makes custom kydex stuff for damn near anything as long as you can provide measurements...helluva good dude, too.

User Tag List