Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory XDS MOD 2

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    This actually looks interesting, even though I know I shouldn't be interested in it. The grip safety looks better, and I am not totally opposed to the idea of a grip safety. Besides, didn't SA update the Grip Safety on some of their models so that the slide could be racked without having it depressed?
    The XDS' slide can be racked without the grip safety being depressed. Internally it is a totally different design than the original XD. More like a Glock.

Anyway, one of you (NOT ME!!!) should buy one, try it out, and report back.
    I got to shoot the XDS Mod 2 in .45 a few months ago. On paper the differences are improvements, but I honestly like the grip on the original better.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    The XDs has never needed the grip safety pressed to rack the slide. The XD double stacks used to. I’m not sure if the Mod 2 does or not.
    The XD Mod 2 is basically the original XD with some external changes.

They seem to be better quality than the full size guns but I don’t know if they would handle high round counts or not.
    Buzz lately is that the new XDS went 25K without problems.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by lee n. field View Post
    The XD Mod 2 is basically the original XD with some external changes.

Buzz lately is that the new XDS went 25K without problems.
    Was the grip safety any better?

It looks bigger and easier to engage.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Was the grip safety any better?

It looks bigger and easier to engage.
    Springfield had a table at my club's open house back in May. I shot a few rounds through the new version of the XDS45 then. I do not recall anything special about the grip safety at that time. The "memory bump" thing may be new with the 9mm version.

Site Supporter
    Interesting. Glad that they are still developing new guns.

Kind of funny, though: G26 weighs 19.4oz w/o a magazine, 21.5 with an empty 10 round magazine, and 25 with a loaded 10 round magazine. So, the XDs Mod2 is a little bit thinner, is taller, holds fewer rounds, and weighs the same.

Pass. I’ll get a second G26.

I’ll buy one and try it if I like the feel of it. I have to go to my shop tomorrow to ship a gun out. If they have one maybe I’ll grab it.

The grip looks a lot like the P30SK...to me at least

Site Supporter
    Anyone try one of these yet? I went to the gun store to look and they only had .45s.

Site Supporter
    I was at the range today and one of my shooting partners had his out so I tried it. He shot about 100 rounds while I was there and it functioned 100%. I shot one mag through it and it shot fine. Seemed like a viable single stack 9mm EDC pistol - I am a M&P guy and prefer my M&P 2.0 Compact 9mm for about the same size.

Site Supporter
    Picked one up in 9mm and put about 100 rounds through it. While only 100 rounds, the only issue I had was riding the slide stop one time resulting in a failure to lock back. That was on me though and not the gun.

The grip safety is easy to activate and almost any grip that has any part of your hand touching the grip safety will activate it. Unless you had almost no grip on the gun or no grip, it will fire. It is also larger than on previous models.

The trigger is so so, but I'm not good enough to notice great triggers.

Accuracy was good enough and any accuracy issues would be on me.

At first I thought the recoil slamming the grip safety into the webbing of my hand would get old, but after a few rounds I forgot about it and it caused no issues.

Magazines are stiff but I can fully load them. It comes with a 7 round and 9 round mag. The magazines seem on the cheap side but I'm used to Glock mags, so thin metal mags are different to me. I loaded a mag up and noticed the top round was not fully seated and was also pointed down. Obviously you just have to make sure you load your mags correctly, but I wanted to see if it would work. A round was already in the gun, so I put the mag in and it cycled everything just fine during live fire.

The grip safety is basically an SCD and gives me a small peace of mind for off body carry. In addition, I can get a better grip on it than Glocks and it points more naturally for me.

Why SA doesn't make all their XDs with this grip safety (you can rack the slide without it engaged) I do not know.

I like it so far, but it's too early to make a serious judgement call.

User Tag List