Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory XDS MOD 2

Site Supporter

Springfield Armory XDS MOD 2

This actually looks interesting, even though I know I shouldn't be interested in it. The grip safety looks better, and I am not totally opposed to the idea of a grip safety. Besides, didn't SA update the Grip Safety on some of their models so that the slide could be racked without having it depressed?

Anyway, one of you (NOT ME!!!) should buy one, try it out, and report back.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-2-edc-pistol/

Not having to press the grip safety to work the slide would be a good thing.

But this gun baffles me. How does one know where to grip it?

The XDs has never needed the grip safety pressed to rack the slide. The XD double stacks used to. I’m not sure if the Mod 2 does or not.

My dad has a couple 1000 rounds through an early Mod 1 XDs. It’s a decent shooter and has been reliable. It was his retired LEO carry and he has qualified with it the last three years or so.

It recently went back to Springfield because the trigger was getting heavier and heavier. They replaced some internal trigger parts and had it back in his hands in about 3 weeks. No fuss and no cost to him.

They seem to be better quality than the full size guns but I don’t know if they would handle high round counts or not.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Not having to press the grip safety to work the slide would be a good thing.

But this gun baffles me. How does one know where to grip it?
    Presumably there would be some sort of zone...

Shot some IDPA today and a guy was fighting with his XD all day long. Very Sad![emoji769]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Presumably there would be some sort of zone...

Shot some IDPA today and a guy was fighting with his XD all day long. Very Sad![emoji769]

What kind did he have? What issues did he have?

I was issued an XDM .40 about 10 years ago. My sample was garbage. The department decided to buy them after the chief went out to a farm, fired 600 rounds through one, and declared it good.

So I know I should avoid this, but I can't help being interested.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    What kind did he have? What issues did he have?

I was issued an XDM .40 about 10 years ago. My sample was garbage. The department decided to buy them after the chief went out to a farm, fired 600 rounds through one, and declared it good.

So I know I should avoid this, but I can't help being interested.
    It was just a basic 9mm version. The handloads he was using were probably more to blame than anything tbh. At matches you'll always see someones gun having problems...usually because of a foray into Brownells to purchase skill..

While I've certainly personally seem some good shooters perform quality work with their XDs, historically they have not resonated with members of this forum for several reasons:

1. They have not fared well in LEO trials, particularly those conducted by agencies actually conducting in-depth trials;

2. There are at least potential supply line issues between US and Croatia in the event of parts breakage,

3. Grip safety issues-more intrinsic that actual breakage.

Personally, I think that while they may not be "bad" guns per se, there are simply more vetted platforms with which to spend one's time, money and resources.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 08-05-2018 at 04:17 PM.

According to the video above, SA tested the gun for 25k rounds without a malfunction......

Mod 2 has:

- Added trigger guard under-cut
    - Lowered bore axis - redesigned grip tang
    - Changed grip texture
    - Added Ameriglow front sight and ledge rear sight
    Last edited by Redhat; 08-05-2018 at 04:42 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    According to the video above, SA tested the gun for 25k rounds without a malfunction......

Mod 2 has:

- Added trigger guard under-cut
    - Lowered bore axis - redesigned grip tang
    - Changed grip texture
    - Added Ameriglow front sight and ledge rear sight
    Of course SIG tested the P320 too. (joking!)

Like I said in my OP, I like the idea of this gun for some reason. The grip safety looks bigger and more usable. Will be interesting to see how it actually preforms.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Of course SIG tested the P320 too. (joking!)

Like I said in my OP, I like the idea of this gun for some reason. The grip safety looks bigger and more usable. Will be interesting to see how it actually preforms.
    You decide to take the test plunge?

User Tag List