Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Taran Tactical John Wick 34?

I'm lukewarm on them. Not a Gucci Glock guy. I have Glocks because they work and are my preferred travel gun, etc.

That said, I wholly support buying something just because you want it. I have an expensive ass forged katana because. I'm not going to be anyone's kaishakunin anytime soon.

I agree with the post upstream about socking away extra money for it the next couple months. If you haven't found what you think is a better use for the cash, buy the damned thing and grin like an idiot when it shows up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I refuse to pay $2000+ for a pistol, especially a pimped out $600 polymer pistol.

Site Supporter
    Not my bag...but hey if it blows your skirt up go for it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If you decide the Taran/Wick thing isn't as important as just having a gucci 34, I've had great results with Jagerwerks. Their slide work, combined with any number a dozen frame/stipple companies and a $25 Ghost Pro connector would get you an excellent finished product, the components of which you got to choose piecemeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    If you decide the Taran/Wick thing isn't as important as just having a gucci 34, I've had great results with Jagerwerks. Their slide work, combined with any number a dozen frame/stipple companies and a $25 Ghost Pro connector would get you an excellent finished product, the components of which you got to choose piecemeal.
    So recent events (I have to buy a house with my wife) have convinced me to go the cheaper but more preferred route. So I'm going to send the G34 to Jeager works for the down range package with a few basic additions/coating coming out to $420 and sending the frame to Overwatch for their essentials package for $365, with the intentions to add their magwell. $785 (before shipping).

That'll be about half of the Taran Package and give me more reliability vs the super light race gun. I know the Taran package is awesome and lots of people will think I'm dumb. But having given it some serious thought while on duty. I think I'd be much happier with it and I really like the FALX trigger in my Gen4 G34 now. So that way I get exactly what I want and not a super soaker I can just use on the range. It'll be "practical tactical" with some enhancing customization but nothing that takes away from reliability.

1. The beauty of living in a free (well, mostly...in spots) country is that you don't have to justify how you choose to spend your money on something legal...unless it is to the wife. Good choice, bad choice, time will tell.

2. 80/20 rule applies. Functionally speaking, you will get 80% of the improvement for 20% of the cost. Plenty of people are happy with stock guns so you'll get arguments that nothing else is objectively necessary. Gaston Glock falls in that category. But you won't get a lot of argument over better sights, better trigger and last, grip alterations so the gun fits your hand. The rest of the Gucci mods are purely for your subjective pleasure and satisfaction. They will likely not improve the performance, but like I said, it's a free country. If it makes you happy, you don't need to justify it to anyone here.

At the risk of offending someone, here is an analogy. Technically, having sex doesn't require a good looking woman (or man if that is your flavor). So long as the parts are functional and enthusiastic, the parameters are met. But..... I think you can see where this is going. Functional, reliable, accurate, usable is only the beginning. That said, Taran Tactical has a good reputation for their training and their gun work. You just have to decide if you are going to be happy after you've written the check.

User Tag List