Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Taran Tactical John Wick 34?

Taran Tactical John Wick 34?

I'm really weary of custom glocks because they often do not offer much in the way of feel/performance over stock. The P226 Legion I have changed my opinion on factory custom guns, so I'm willing to give this a shot. I already have a Gen 3 G34 that's been used and will be slotted to go if I decide to send it. And, it'd be cool to have one custom gun, and I like being dumb with owning stuff in movies. So........I'd get the John Wick package. even though I'm not huge on the mag well.

Does anyone have any experience with Taran's work and if you have a G34 with his work how do you like it?

if memory serves, pekelley is very fond of Taran's work. I believe Mr. Kelley judged Taran's work on a 17L to be one of the best three guns he had sampled and tested last year (if I recall correctly, the other two were a CZ Custom 75 Bull Shadow and a Grand Power X Calibur). He was especially impressed with the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    I'm really weary of custom glocks because they often do not offer much in the way of feel/performance over stock. The P226 Legion I have changed my opinion on factory custom guns, so I'm willing to give this a shot. I already have a Gen 3 G34 that's been used and will be slotted to go if I decide to send it. And, it'd be cool to have one custom gun, and I like being dumb with owning stuff in movies. So........I'd get the John Wick package. even though I'm not huge on the mag well.

Does anyone have any experience with Taran's work and if you have a G34 with his work how do you like it?

Vending Machine Operator
    *sighs and puts in the John Wick 2 Blu-Ray*

You owe me 2 hours.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I've shot a decent amount through a friends TTI Combat Master, both with a DPP on it and with irons. It's significantly nicer than my 34. Worth the price? ehhh... depends on what the improvements are worth to you. The grip job is probably the best part, the trigger is very nice (for a Glock), and slide work looks sweet but doesn't really do much. I've heard of some scattered issues with rust on the finish and other minor QC problems coming from the shop.

Objectively: It's the best shooting Glock I've fired, but I'll take my tuned up CZ or a Shadow 2 any day. Or if you really like Gucci Glocks, just get someone good to do some grip work and a drop in trigger kit for a lot less.

Subjectively: If you want it because John Wick, do it. Great movie and they do look sweet.
    Last edited by Jesting Devil; 08-04-2018 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesting Devil View Post
    Subjectively: If you want it because John Wick, do it. Great movie and they do look sweet.
    I really hate that after I read this I thought of nutnfancy "Second Kind of Cool". I cant believe I used to watch them in full.

What would the purpose of the gun be? Duty, Carry, Range, Competition, Safe Queen? What kind of round count do you expect?

Most of the time when someone brings up customized Glocks I think of Boresight Solutions. Although I have no experience with either Boresight or Taran.

-Cory

It’s perfectly OK to buy a gun because it’s cool, period. Not everything has to fit into a Tactical Equipment Categorization Table.
    Last edited by GardoneVT; 08-05-2018 at 09:33 AM.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

THE thing about the TTI G17L of mine is the trigger. I have yet to have ANY drop in parts
    turn out so smooth and predictable!
    I am not a fan of Swiss Cheese slides, so my gun's slide is stock.
    Other than the excellent trigger, the grip has been reshaped and glue/grit applied along
    with a magwell, sights and steel guide rod. The gold tint "bling" on the barrel is just that,
    bling Taran apples to draw attention to his guns.

While I really like my gun, is it worth the money? I had more $$ than time at that time, but that
    scenario has taken a HARD reverse, so today I would pop in TTI parts myself and go racing!
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

For the sake of brevity I'm not going to quote everyone. So the reasons I want it are two fold. 1. I do think it's cool to have it, and I'd LIKE to have it. 2. I want one custom glock. I hate the price and I hate that it's essentially taking a Honda civic throwing a $25,000 engine/turbo in it and then going racing. When I can get a nicer gun for cheaper. But the price is livable and I'm getting to the point where I have all the guns I'd have for serious use setup completely and have my go to setups for each "mission requirement."

I also have a Gen 4 G34 with Trij HD's and I'm throwing an overwatch FALX blue line trigger in it and calling it a day. That's my serious use or "fighting" 34 if it ever had to do that. So this Gen 3 34 is going to be the custom gun. I will say I like the cleanliness of Taran's work and have heard mostly good things out of everyone. The grip and trigger work especially.

I plan to shoot the hell out of it, but I'm not using it for anything other than range toy, to look at and feel cool, maybe competition if I go to one where it's legal to show off with. I've also got to be honest the trigger poundage is 1lb lighter than I prefer. IT's 3lbs for that package, I prefer 4-4.5lbs on rifles and pistols alike. Still reliable and light enough to do nice work. So this Taran gun isn't going to be a serious use pistol for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    It’s perfectly OK to buy a gun because it’s cool, period. Not everything has to fit into a Tactical Equipment Categorization Table.
    This.

It’s how I finally ended up with my first Beretta 92 just a week ago, because honestly, it’s one of the two sexiest pistols on the planet IMHO.

If you’re looking for just the performance enhancements, there are ways to do it cheaper. There are places that probably do functional grip and slide work cheaper and/or less blingy (ATEi) and a Glock trigger is only going to get so good before it starts compromising reliability and/or function.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Site Supporter
    I shot my buddy's Gen 5 G17 yesterday with just drop in TTI parts - sights, trigger, and guide rod/spring combo - it is a very nice budget gamer gun. I bet the John Wick version G34 is very nice. If you can afford it, go for it.

User Tag List