Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: First AR - LaRue?

I am really digging those long MOE handguards....
    #RESIST

That's a BCM Dissipator. Unfortunately they aren't selling them (yet). For someone that wants a fixed FSB and a non-free-float handguard I think they are a nice option. Especially for irons-only. I used this one in a Randy Cain carbine course where I wanted to shoot irons. Hence, also, the fixed rear sight.

I do wish they'd make it with the lightweight barrel, however, since they tend to be front heavy. This one is an A2 profile, mid-length gas, hammer forged barrel. If I was going to change something right now it would be to move the front sling swivel further forward. I'm going away from the barrel-nut mounting location on most guns.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I'm going away from the barrel-nut mounting location on most guns.
    Rob,
    What prompted your move towards a sling mount further forward? Are you still keeping the rear mount around the end plate area?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    Rob,
    What prompted your move towards a sling mount further forward? Are you still keeping the rear mount around the end plate area?
    I've moved most of my front points further forward and rear points further rear. I seem to find the sling getting in the way less that way. But that may turn out to be a case of "different" rather than "better". Time will tell.

I do like the front point further forward as another index point when in unconventional positions but I need to play with it more to see if that bears out inthe long term and to see if there are any downsides I haven't figured out yet and can't live with. I also am also liking the way the gun hangs with the sling on the stock.

From a shooting stand point, I tend to like the sling further forward as well.

Unfortunately, rarely does the situation allow me to use that front mounted position as I need the rifle to do other things besides shoot.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

User Tag List