Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IED thrown under patrol car

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Holy smokes, I am glad no good folks were killed, and hope that the wounded make a speedy recovery.

You folks be careful!

This ^^^^ !!!!

https://www.sfgate.com/crime/article...p?t=200d05c13c

Looks like it was an M-80, and the guy was using meth. Who'd a seen that coming??

Word was M1000-size HMEx with blast & boom but no frag.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    There ain’t no such thing as Mayberry.
    Oh, there's a Mayberry, but it's full of meth labs, human trafficking, and assorted other bad shit.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    There ain’t no such thing as Mayberry.
    Reminds me of Tom Givens' post, and the illusion of Mayberry:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    Almost exactly one year ago Lynn and I moved to a quaint little town of 35,000 folks in a rural area 35 miles east of Tampa, Florida. It’s a quiet, Mayberry-like town. The police department has 99 employees, including 74 sworn officers, and there is little crime.

A few months after we moved here, there was a fatal shooting here involving a person with a Florida Concealed Weapons License. The shooting was ruled justifiable self defense and no charges were involved. Today, two of our police officers shot to death a violent felony suspect during a confrontation after a vehicle chase, at 7:00 in the morning. The deceased had multiple prior arrests for domestic violence and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

That’s two fatal self defense shootings in one year in my little town. The lesson: there are no longer “safe places”, except where you make yourself safe through vigilance, commitment and skill. Carry your damn gun. Accept that violence can occur suddenly, anywhere. Be mentally prepared. Someone in a setting much like my town once asked John Farnam, “How many times do people get killed around here, anyway?”. John’s classic response was, “Just once, just like every where else.”

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    I'd agree with that - it seems to be everywhere. Anyone who has visited Sequim, WA might fall in love with it (if you ever go, do yourself a favor and eat at the Oak Table Cafe!) but I was able to take the tour with a former heroin addict and I heard/saw some pretty shady things.

Anyway, my inital impression of the town was as a 13 year old who had lived in Richmond his whole life (remember the 2009 Richmond High School gang rape that made national media? Yeah, that shithole). So it was easy to see the place how I wanted to see it and not as it was.

You grew up in Richmond? I grew up in Vallejo.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    You grew up in Richmond? I grew up in Vallejo.
    I've heard Vallejo is similar to Richmond, but Vallejo gets cool points because they have Marine World (now 6 Flags Marine World) and a cool little surplus store that's now since closed down. I think it was Adventure Army Surplus and Survival. I can't remember what street it was on, I was too young to pay attention to that stuff. Might've been Valencia St.

EDIT: Still making the move to Meridian?
    Last edited by Jay585; 08-07-2018 at 04:10 PM.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    I've heard Vallejo is similar to Richmond, but Vallejo gets cool points because they have Marine World (now 6 Flags Marine World) and a cool little surplus store that's now since closed down. I think it was Adventure Army Surplus and Survival. I can't remember what street it was on, I was too young to pay attention to that stuff. Might've been Valencia St.

I remember going to Victory Stores off of Virginia Street when I was a kid, I don't recall the place you're referring to. Growing up Richmond was always really bad with violent crime, gangs and drugs while Vallejo started it's downturn when Mare Island closed in the mid 90's.

Yes Meridian is on the horizon for Summer of 2019
    Last edited by CS Tactical; 08-07-2018 at 04:35 PM.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Adventure Surplus on Couch St.

https://m.facebook.com/pages/Adventu...16672402039889

Congrats on the move, I hope you'll like it here!
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

User Tag List