Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IED thrown under patrol car

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Guerneville? Seriously?

I've been through that town, and it's a nice tourist town that gave the impression of a Mayberry town. It's really nice and picturesque, a type of town to have a little vacation cabin in - if one were inclined to live in CA.

I wonder if this was some type of drug manufacturer/dealer with a vendetta or maybe some anti-Government Weaver type of dude.
    There ain’t no such thing as Mayberry.

Guerneville? Seriously?

I've been through that town, and it's a nice tourist town that gave the impression of a Mayberry town. It's really nice and picturesque, a type of town to have a little vacation cabin in - if one were inclined to live in CA.

I wonder if this was some type of drug manufacturer/dealer with a vendetta or maybe some anti-Government Weaver type of dude.
    I have never, ever, heard Guerneville described as Mayberry. The first murder I was involved with the responding to was there during the late 80s while I was in college volunteering at search & rescue. Yeah, not Mayberry.

Well, I stand corrected.

As I said, it was the impression I got when going through the town.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

I would like to hear more info on the type of "explosive" and what damage was done to the patrol car.

Based on what one of y'all says about how nice the town is, I have to wonder if the "explosive" was a M60 (or similar) and this was blown out of proportion by the media.

I would not be surprised if it WAS an actual IED, things are getting that crazy. However, nor would I be surprised if this was exaggerated shenanigans.
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JATA View Post
    I would like to hear more info on the type of "explosive" and what damage was done to the patrol car.

Based on what one of y'all says about how nice the town is, I have to wonder if the "explosive" was a M60 (or similar) and this was blown out of proportion by the media.

I would not be surprised if it WAS an actual IED, things are getting that crazy. However, nor would I be surprised if this was exaggerated shenanigans.
    Pipe bomb / IED are much more common than most people think.

The area is about an hour or two north of The San Francisco Bay Area which is a giant nest of crazy freaks of all stripes. Not to mention the so called Picturesque / wine country / Mayberry has significant drug / property theft and gang issues that are not visible at first glance. In fact most “nice” areas in NorCal have a seedy underbelly where the people who do all the day to day work, and those who prey on them live,

In fact most “nice” areas in [_____] have a seedy underbelly where the people who do all the day to day work, and those who prey on them live,
    Insert locale of your choice.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

The area is about an hour or two north of The San Francisco Bay Area which is a giant nest of crazy freaks of all stripes. Not to mention the so called Picturesque / wine country / Mayberry has significant drug / property theft and gang issues that are not visible at first glance. In fact most “nice” areas in NorCal have a seedy underbelly where the people who do all the day to day work, and those who prey on them live,
    I'd agree with that - it seems to be everywhere. Anyone who has visited Sequim, WA might fall in love with it (if you ever go, do yourself a favor and eat at the Oak Table Cafe!) but I was able to take the tour with a former heroin addict and I heard/saw some pretty shady things.

Anyway, my inital impression of the town was as a 13 year old who had lived in Richmond his whole life (remember the 2009 Richmond High School gang rape that made national media? Yeah, that shithole). So it was easy to see the place how I wanted to see it and not as it was.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Site Supporter
    I'd agree with that - it seems to be everywhere. Anyone who has visited Sequim, WA might fall in love with it (if you ever go, do yourself a favor and eat at the Oak Table Cafe!) but I was able to take the tour with a former heroin addict and I heard/saw some pretty shady things.

Anyway, my inital impression of the town was as a 13 year old who had lived in Richmond his whole life (remember the 2009 Richmond High School gang rape that made national media? Yeah, that shithole). So it was easy to see the place how I wanted to see it and not as it was.
    I’m familiar with Richmond.

Years ago, just before 6am, was driving a minivan full of geared up cops. We were all in external armor with “Police” markings, going to execute a search / Arrest warrant we were stopped at a light with the windows open when one of the local “youths” seeing only a white guy in a mini van, assumed I was a commuter looking to score before work and started asking what we “needed” - hilarity ensued.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

I always thought of Gurneville as a "Castro District" in the woods... Castro is a former working class district in San Francisco that was gentrified by the gay community in the 70's. The thing about living in the country is that we have all of the crime in the urban areas, there's just less of it (like the population).
    Last edited by Tabasco; 08-05-2018 at 10:25 PM.

Holy smokes, I am glad no good folks were killed, and hope that the wounded make a speedy recovery.

You folks be careful!

User Tag List