Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RFI: IWB Holster Advice

RFI: IWB Holster Advice

I normally carry AIWB but that doesnt work so well when you are carrying squirmy kid or trying to feed him. I was thinking that IWB might be a temporary solution till I no longer have competition for my front real estate.

The main question is what have people found to be the most comfortable, 3 o'clock, 4 o'clock? What about cant, 15 or 20? Any advice from those whole have been using IWB would be most appreciated.

Is there anyone better than JMCK for IWB? Hes my defacto choice for AIWB.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

As a dyed in the wool AIWB guy, I'm not particularly comfortable carrying IWB (for the most part) but if I were, the JMCK IWB 3 seems like it's almost universally beloved. Those numbers don't lie, imho.

Cant is a personal thing. My right shoulder barks if I don't find the correct angle. (Too many old climbing and sports injuries I guess.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I’ll second the JMCK IWB3 as it’s my go-to holster right now. Cant is a personal thing, I prefer 10-15 degrees. I typically carry around 3:30.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

I really really prefer leather at 3:00. That said, JMCK IWB 3 is the most comfortable kydex 3:00 IWB I've ever tried. Cant is very personal, but 10-15° seems to be a good starting point for a lot of folks.

Site Supporter
    I prefer 3 o'clock as I like to carry in the same spot as on duty. I also prefer a 0 cant. For holster, I like leather the best preferring a VM2 style holster. However those can be hard to find in a 0 cant. I have used the JM stuff and it is also pretty comfortable but I prefer the IWB2.

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    I prefer 3 o'clock as I like to carry in the same spot as on duty. I also prefer a 0 cant. For holster, I like leather the best preferring a VM2 style holster. However those can be hard to find in a 0 cant. I have used the JM stuff and it is also pretty comfortable but I prefer the IWB2.
    Thanks for the note, I would probably go with a zero cant for 3 o'clock, I imagine I'd do 10 or 15 degrees at 3:30. I'll have to see IWB2 vs 3.

I have a JMCK IWB V2 for a Glock 23. I think it had a 15-20 degree cant, I don’t remember for sure. It worked well for me and seems lower profile to me than the IWB V3 my buddy has.

Site Supporter
    Depends partly on the gun, but I like a 0-10 cant, no further back than 4:00.

JMCK IWB#3, I have one for my G26 and a lefty and a righty for the G42s, and a George with no pad/wedge or other attachments besides the belt clip works for me for my Beretta 92. So if you already have a George, you might just try it at 3:00-3:30 and see how it works for you. Take off the wedge first, though. That doesn’t feel awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I normally carry AIWB but that doesnt work so well when you are carrying squirmy kid or trying to feed him. I was thinking that IWB might be a temporary solution till I no longer have competition for my front real estate.

The main question is what have people found to be the most comfortable, 3 o'clock, 4 o'clock? What about cant, 15 or 20? Any advice from those whole have been using IWB would be most appreciated.

Is there anyone better than JMCK for IWB? Hes my defacto choice for AIWB.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Grey, depends a lot on your body type, where on your body (3:30 to 4:30 offers better concealment/retention than anything past that) and for what pistol. Also depends on your range of motion. What pistol are you going to carry? Also, the IWB3 is a really good holster for smaller guys and for polymer guns. Once you get into the steel/aluminum/whatever guns (1911's, CZ 75's, etc.), I think the IWB2 is a better solution as it will spread the weight better. Whichever way you go, I would suggest pull the dot loops, fixed soft loops, or the split loop (IWB3 only) as belt loop choices. Thanks and let me know if you have any specific questions for me.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

I'm going to echo everyone else with the jm iwb3 10-15 can't at 3-3:30. I wear it all day with no issues, it's very comfortable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

User Tag List