Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out of the Box to Match Review Sig 227 TacOps.

Out of the Box to Match Review Sig 227 TacOps.

Solid gun in every respect.
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

FWIW - replacing the standard 220/227 short reach trigger with Sig's normal trigger will probably help with how far back the DA break seems - I had the same issue with the 227 I had for a brief time...replacing the trigger with a standard length trigger really helped with how it felt for me. I wound up selling it anyway (I prefer a 220, it shoots better for me for some reason), but I now replace any Sig with a short reach trigger that I might collect, with their standard length trigger. Looking at the video, your 227 has the short reach trigger. Not to be confused with the other SRT, the short RESET trigger...which yours also has...

If you have XL+ hands, it's worth investigating, IMO...

Great review!

I agree that the Short Reach Trigger is less than ideal. It pinches the hell out of my trigger finger against the frame during recoil. I’ve found the Gray Guns P-Series Precision Intermediate triggers to be the best for my finger - especially when coupled with the Short RESET Trigger modification. The factory standard trigger is also an acceptable alternative to the Short Reach Trigger.
    Last edited by Sensei; 08-03-2018 at 10:56 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

I have a P-SAIT in my 220 Compact - it's great, it really bridges the gap between "too long to get a decent finger placement" and "so short it's awkward to use". I didn't mention it because I completely forgot about it for some reason

Another nice review, thanks for doing it. You seemed to be dialed into the SIG's sights from the very beginning. Nice shooting.

I've watched enough of your reviews to where I now sort of look forward to watching you inadvertently dropping magazines while shooting. If I hadn't seen you do it so many times I'd wonder how this is possible. Of course from my perspective, which is opposite of you, I'm a righty and my fingers are so short I can barely get the pad of my trigger finger on the trigger of some guns.

Watching those mags drop during a string of fire makes me think of the Hugh Laurie GIF https://giphy.com/gifs/fail-house-gun-yenkx2T0DfksM

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Another nice review, thanks for doing it. You seemed to be dialed into the SIG's sights from the very beginning. Nice shooting.

I've watched enough of your reviews to where I now sort of look forward to watching you inadvertently dropping magazines while shooting. If I hadn't seen you do it so many times I'd wonder how this is possible. Of course from my perspective, which is opposite of you, I'm a righty and my fingers are so short I can barely get the pad of my trigger finger on the trigger of some guns.

Watching those mags drop during a string of fire makes me think of the Hugh Laurie GIF https://giphy.com/gifs/fail-house-gun-yenkx2T0DfksM
    Damn! Does it happen THAT often? What, something like 3 or 4 guns out of 50? Or am I off?

Thank you for watching and commenting on my videos, I truly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    Damn! Does it happen THAT often? What, something like 3 or 4 guns out of 50? Or am I off?

Thank you for watching and commenting on my videos, I truly appreciate it!
    You're probably not off, but I haven't watched all 50 reviews, while I probably have watched all the ones where the mags dropped out.

My shooting problems are limited to sight alignment and trigger press.

Great vid. I always loved the feel of a 227 but never got to shoot one. I'm impressed with how flat it shot, though I'm sure a lot of that was influenced by your badassitivity.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    You're probably not off, but I haven't watched all 50 reviews, while I probably have watched all the ones where the mags dropped out.

My shooting problems are limited to sight alignment and trigger press.
    I have the same problems!

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Great vid. I always loved the feel of a 227 but never got to shoot one. I'm impressed with how flat it shot, though I'm sure a lot of that was influenced by your badassitivity.
    Various adjectives have been used to describe me, but this is a first and one I kinda like! Thanks!

User Tag List