Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My P320 experience so far (long, rant-ish)

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSc0rch View Post
    Literally came here to post this. The Romeo is about 50% of the cost of an RMR and 2% of the quality.
    In fairness, the RMR is the only optic to pass his drop test. I'd like to see a long term shooting/malfunction clearing with optic test before the drop on cement kills the test.

Quote Originally Posted by SCSU74 View Post
    In fairness, the RMR is the only optic to pass his drop test. I'd like to see a long term shooting/malfunction clearing with optic test before the drop on cement kills the test.
    While I can see your point for a range gun, to me it doesn’t matter how well the optic performs otherwise, if it can’t take even one drop on a hard surface(for a duty, combat, or ccw that is).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SCSU74 View Post
    You would probably need at least three copies to test all of that properly:

1. Drop test only, to failure
    2. Shooting durability only, to failure
    3. Shooting and Drop tests at fixed round count intervals to failure

I really wish there was more open-source, easy access to industry testing for all things firearms related. It's so expensive to conduct such testing well, but it is so important to knowing that information if you really want to evaluate a product against its peers. Otherwise you have to wait a very long time for the early adopters to begin getting enough real world time on them to have a chance of getting issues caught, but trying to get any sort of statistically significant information from such noisy data sources is a very difficult task.

Site Supporter
    I too have a sample of one P320C RX. I've had zero issues with mine.

OP as per military definitions and definitions used by Todd G. You actually had malfunctions. The rear sight falling off is a malfunction, the magazines not working is a malfunction and the dot burning out could be considered one, but not really.

So while it was stoppage free, I'd agree with you that it's a substandard product.

As for the military having to deal with these things, those of you with time in know a Military M9 is a bowl of shit compared to a civilian M9. Just look at the barrel crowns. Even the brand new ones have generally horrible crowns, and parts. You're lucky if you get a good one that runs well. The civilian Berettas are solid though. Now switch to the P320, the military grade pistols got the trigger upgrade before the civilian models did so they knew there was an issue. They didn't issue a mandatory recall or mandate the upgrade. Despite the legalities an upstanding company would have done that. If I was in charge of a company I'd do that. But the P320's in general are full of problems which is a shame because I shoot them well.

Also best of luck with dots on your guns, too many potential problems for me to even give them a chance.

Site Supporter
    http://www.provenoutfitters.com/cpo-p320c-9-bss

FYI only - used SIG 320 Compact with night sights $399

Update

Update:

I got the slide and a new Romeo1 back from SIG this week. Turnaround times approx 1.5 weeks and 6 weeks respectively. Gunsmith's notes for the slide said only "Replaced the rear sight". I assume this means a new rear sight. The CS rep I work with (David) was polite and efficient. No complaints there.

I put 200 rounds on the gun today without the Romeo1 and the rear sight did not drift. However the original problem didn't surface until 1300 rounds in. I plan to put another 1000 rounds on it over the next month-ish and will report back. Also it will take another couple of months to verify the replacement Romeo1 doesn't drain batteries.

To date no stoppages with mixed brass and aluminum ammo, only problems with the furniture. Fingers crossed...

Thanks everyone for all the input.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The only people to get the exact quality they think they paid for from Sig are the military.
    I see what you did there.

(Isn't the military paying ~$207 a pistol for the M17? I've seen various figures.)

Edit - I should have read the rest of the thread before posting.

OK, you guys missed my joke about the military. Didn’t they pay $79 or something like that for each pistol, and my point is they are getting precisely $79 worth of pistol.
    Last edited by BigD; 08-16-2018 at 05:51 PM.

OK, you guys missed my joke about the military. Didn’t they pay $79 or something like that for each pistol, and my point is they are getting precisely $79 worth of pistol.
    Actually I got it, one can often say more by saying less. I learned that in the Military....

P320 RX 10k round update

After 10,000 rounds through this P320 RX, here's my update and some thoughts.

Initial problems that were solved early:
    • Original Romeo1 optic ate batteries monthly even when turned off. Replacement took ~6 weeks but holds zero and lasts at least 6 months when turned off.
    • Rear suppressor-height night sight came loose at appx 1300 rounds and was replaced. No further problems.

Initial problems that were not solved:
    • The original 2 magazines are unreasonably tight. After ~7500 rounds between them and >1 month loaded, the gun still will not reliably cycle when loaded "+1" over a full magazine.

Notes:
    • This is a range-only gun for me so I have no opinion about the Romeo1 durability or battery life in "Motac" mode.
    • This gun completed a 2k challenge with zero stoppages.
    • I enjoy actually shooting this gun. It's my first RDS and the trigger is unremarkable but good.

I feel about this gun what many probably do. SIG designed a great gun then fucked it up. Other than the magazine issues, I've had exactly 1 failure to cycle in 10,000 rounds and I'm inclined to attribute that to the cheap UMC 115gr ammo. I've sent it to SIG for their "Full Service Package". Phone and email customer service has been good in my experience so I'm optimistic.

User Tag List