Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My P320 experience so far (long, rant-ish)

Vending Machine Operator
    Of all the major brands I have owned in good quantities, which would be Glock (have owned 6), Beretta (have owned 10), Smith & Wesson (have owned 5), and Sig (have owned 6), Sig has by far been the biggest letdown in terms of reputation vs. quality. I have found Glock and Beretta in particular uniformly excellent. Not perfect, all brands have hiccups, but my personal 16 Glocks/Berettas have been flawless. My Smiths have been nearly as good. My Sigs...well, I had more malfunctions with a recent-production P226 .40 (made in 2014 for North Dakota Highway Patrol) than I have had with all my Glocks and Berettas combined.

I sold all my Sigs except my 229. I like police-marked guns and my 229's marking is awesome. While one of them (my P220R) was excellent, I just did not trust the brand as much as the others I had. If I was choosing an aluminum-framed gun I always chose my Berettas. A quality gun that has run through many rounds has that tangible feeling of confidence when you carry it or raise it to fire that any regular shooter or daily carrier knows, that "This gun has given me thousands of rounds without issue, if I do my job, it will do its job almost certainly" feeling. I never felt that with my Sigs. I was always ready for a hiccup. When I realized that, and I wanted to thin my collection, Sig was the brand I put on the chopping block.

The shitty business practices with the P320 have been the cherry on top that has cemented that decision.

The sad thing is, Sig designs are, for the most part, very good. There's no doubt that a well-made P226 is one of the finest handguns there is. The problem is, you can no longer trust that they're building them right. And as we know from the 1911, if you can't build it right, it's not worth a lot.

Sincerely sorry for your frustrating experience with Sig QC. I hope it all ends up getting squared away for you and running like a champ. If not, I'd go with a Glock MOS or the new Beretta APX with optics so you at least know the company actually sorta gives a shit about the end-user quality.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 08-03-2018 at 09:53 AM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    OK, you guys missed my joke about the military. Didn’t they pay $79 or something like that for each pistol, and my point is they are getting precisely $79 worth of pistol.
    Yes. Yes I did. Miss it. Damn. It's a work of art too.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Sorry to hear about your Rx problems.. but sounds like you've addressed them. The CM mags are known to be problematic, even with the classic P series line. They've also had a lot of issues with dovetails lately even in their ninja Legion guns.

Honestly, I would scrap the Romeo. It's fairly easy to modify the Rx optic cut to accept a Delta Point Pro. You just need to remove 2mm from either the front of the optic cut or optic body. If the rear dovetail is truely dicked you can use a rear attached to the DPP and a .40" tall front from Dawson.

I've been using this setup for my duty gun through 2k rounds and haven't had a single issue. That being said, I'm strictly a Sig shooter so take that for what it's worth
    Last edited by SCSU74; 08-03-2018 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    ...I'd go with a Glock MOS or the new Beretta APX with optics so you at least know the company actually sorta gives a shit about the end-user quality.
    That's the thing... I'm trying to delay my obvious fate of owning 4 Glock 19s and being done with it. I own 2 Glocks and of course they're mind-numbingly reliable, but I enjoy shooting different trigger styles, makers, calibers, etc. If SIG fixes this I'll continue to shoot it as a range gun because the actual gun itself runs fine. But were I to do it again, or recommend to someone else, I'd do what you suggest.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgentFix View Post
    That's the thing... I'm trying to delay my obvious fate of owning 4 Glock 19s and being done with it. I own 2 Glocks and of course they're mind-numbingly reliable, but I enjoy shooting different trigger styles, makers, calibers, etc. If SIG fixes this I'll continue to shoot it as a range gun because the actual gun itself runs fine. But were I to do it again, or recommend to someone else, I'd do what you suggest.
    I resisted it for a long time, but damn did I love my G19 and damn do I regret selling it. I tried to re-fill the gap with the excellent Smith & Wesson M2.0 Compact 4", but while it's great, I STILL want my G19 back.

I'm starting to think that the G19 is just a natural part of growing up and maturing. You realize you can't drink as much as you used to, that you need to get your sleep, that the Doors were a shitty band, and that you should own a Glock 19.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 08-03-2018 at 12:24 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I don’t shoot or carry p320s anymore but I had over 30,000 trouble free rounds through them. I like the guns and shot them well enough make M in USPSA Production.

My only complaint is that Sig didn’t issue a recall.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I don’t shoot or carry p320s anymore but I had over 30,000 trouble free rounds through them. I like the guns and shot them well enough make M in USPSA Production.

My only complaint is that Sig didn’t issue a recall.
    Too many pending lawsuits to admit to a recall, I would venture to guess.

The romeo 1 red dot is junk. Aaron Cowan did a review and it is on youtube.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    Too many pending lawsuits to admit to a recall, I would venture to guess.
    There’s actually a rule in product liability cases that subsequent remedial efforts cannot be offered as proof of a defect. It’s a public policy issue so that a company can actually fix issues, rather than continuing to put dangerous products out for years and years while a lawsuit was pending. SIG has zero excuse, legally or morally, to justify their behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    The romeo 1 red dot is junk. Aaron Cowan did a review and it is on youtube.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Literally came here to post this. The Romeo is about 50% of the cost of an RMR and 2% of the quality.

User Tag List