Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Abysmal Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Nobody owes you anything.
    With respect, they absolutely owe me something, that's how capitalism works... If I exchange my monopoly money for a funtioning firearm, they owe me a functioning firearm. If the firearm I recieve is not functioning, I expect it to be fixed most rickey tick on their time and dime. There is a difference between defect and wear items, which I think definitely applies in this case, but if the OP doesn't provide more info, we'll never know. For instance, I'll be the first to say that an RSA is an expendable wear item that likely should not be covered under a warranty if it wears out from normal use, or abuse. That said, if I buy an pistol and the guide rod in the rsa breaks in the first 100 rounds or something like that, yes, I do think that should be covered under warranty, wear item or not. It did not break due to wear and tear, clearly, so the company in question should replace the defective part, on their dime. They took my money with the expectation that I would recieve a functioning firearm.
    Last edited by VT1032; 08-07-2018 at 10:54 AM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post

Nobody owes you anything.
    Similarly, I don't owe anyone my business.

Ruger will fix or replace a revolver under pretty much any circumstances. Do they "owe" me a repair? Lulz, no. Do I buy a lot of Rugers? Yup. Sig sent me a new decocking lever for free when I broke mine due to tens of thousands of uses. They replaced a front sight for me when the insert fell out at 40k-ish rounds. Did they "owe" me those courtesies? No. Do I buy a lot of Sigs? Yup.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Okay let me amend my previous statement:

Nobody owes you more than what you’ve paid them for.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

There are forecasted maintenance/component replacement schedules for most firearms, as well as a forecasted/contracted lifespan for a given weapon. At the end of the forecasted lifespan, it doesn't necessarily mean that the weapon is unservicable junk, it's just the statistically calculated point at which the cost to continuously maintain the weapon is disproportonate to either the residual value/utility left, and/or in relation to the cost of simply replacing the weapon with a new one. That's why LEO trade-ins can be a good buy-or a bit of a crapshoot. And it's why some manufacturers have a used gun refurbishment and certified used gun program.

In my experience, these intervals are usually kept at the manufacturer's customer service/tech support levels, and provided to certified armorers, and not otherwise necessarily publicly available.

Obviously, it's one thing if a component breaks prior to the forecasted replacement interval point. Clearly in my mind the manufacturer would be well advised to replaced the failed component in that case gratis.

But it also assumes that the end user is using the weapon responsibly, and within its designed parameters. It's not unreasonable at all for the manufacturer to ask for the broken component (or the weapon itself) for examination, particularly for "interesting" or suspect situations. Additionally, it can be used to provide input for ongoing production cycle improvements.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 08-07-2018 at 12:33 PM.

Site Supporter
    When I worked as a health inspector, I had to keep my cell phone on 24/7. It rang frequently, and almost in every case, the other party had a complaint, which was sometimes about me. No pretty girls called and said "Willie, you are a nice guy so let me blow you." I give this weird example to show how customer service reps must feel. When I call S&W or CZ or Beretta, I say that I am a happy consumer of your product and that I have a question. In almost every instance I receive what I'm asking for which sometimes is information or a replacement part or their picking up shipping costs of my gun to them. These comments are not aimed at the op. They may be thread drift. However, I want to point out that how we ask for things often determines the outcome.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    When I worked as a health inspector, I had to keep my cell phone on 24/7. It rang frequently, and almost in every case, the other party had a complaint, which was sometimes about me. No pretty girls called and said "Willie, you are a nice guy so let me blow you."
    It's true what they say, benefits are just as important as salary.

Jokes aside, I agree that a friendly casual approach works wonders with customer service. Always ask how their day is going and B.S. a little bit in my experience. They almost always loosen up and will bend the rules a little for you.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

HK sent me a recoil assembly for free for my P2000 in 40 that magically disappeared when I called to see about buying a replacement. Something about how they have a lot of P2000 recoil assemblies in stock right now.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    When I worked as a health inspector, I had to keep my cell phone on 24/7. It rang frequently, and almost in every case, the other party had a complaint, which was sometimes about me. No pretty girls called and said "Willie, you are a nice guy so let me blow you." I give this weird example to show how customer service reps must feel. When I call S&W or CZ or Beretta, I say that I am a happy consumer of your product and that I have a question. In almost every instance I receive what I'm asking for which sometimes is information or a replacement part or their picking up shipping costs of my gun to them. These comments are not aimed at the op. They may be thread drift. However, I want to point out that how we ask for things often determines the outcome.
    Having worked customer service extensively, I do my best to be as polite as possible to those in CS. I know how much it sucks being on the receiving end of some raving lunatic who thinks they’re owed something just because “the customer is always right”. So even if I have an issue, I aim to be pleasant (unless they get defensive and hostile). It usually produces generous results.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

The OP's complaining and general expectations of "customer service" aside;
    I am interested at how readily the term "RSA" for Recoil Spring Assembly falls trippingly off the tongue... or keyboard. We are getting trained to discard the guide rod, coupler, and flanges along with presumably squashed springs.
    I see a Glock RSA at Lone Wolf that is cataloged: "Precision CNC machined to accept a removable Allen head tip, for easy spring changes." but I cannot find where they sell loose springs for such changes.

I understand the design and its usefulness in short automatics, but Larry Seecamp didn't rivet his together.
    I do not understand the application in service pistols. A single spring on a simple guide has worked for a long time.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    The OP's complaining and general expectations of "customer service" aside;
    I am interested at how readily the term "RSA" for Recoil Spring Assembly falls trippingly off the tongue... or keyboard. We are getting trained to discard the guide rod, coupler, and flanges along with presumably squashed springs.
    I see a Glock RSA at Lone Wolf that is cataloged: "Precision CNC machined to accept a removable Allen head tip, for easy spring changes." but I cannot find where they sell loose springs for such changes.

I understand the design and its usefulness in short automatics, but Larry Seecamp didn't rivet his together.
    I do not understand the application in service pistols. A single spring on a simple guide has worked for a long time.
    Maybe it's so they can claim there are less parts in the pistol....

User Tag List