Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 1,000 Lumen X300U

The difference between the A and B is how they lock to your rail. The A has tabs you lift to unlock from your pistol. The B uses a screw. Surefire recommends the A for polymer frames to eliminate distorting the dust cover. The B is for steel frames and rails.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Never mind...

Mistwolf beat me to it!
    Last edited by EVP; 08-13-2018 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    A vs B? I thought B was the way to go.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    I prefer the A on any weapon. Seen screws back out unless some sort of thread locker is used. If it has a laser then the screw is needed. Plastic frame, metal frame, picatinny rail - I’ve used the A version on all without issue.

Darn, I ordered a B from Big Tex. So the B would be better on a rifle, and the A on a Glock?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Darn, I ordered a B from Big Tex. So the B would be better on a rifle, and the A on a Glock?
    That has worked for me. However the B works just as fine on a handgun as well. Just check tension on the screw periodically. You would probably snap the cross bolt before you torqued the frame.

1,000 Lumen X300U

I've had fit issues with some metal frame guns with the A. The B seems more secure of the two to me. I typically don't put them on and take them off much though, which the A seems better for.
    Last edited by s0nspark; 08-14-2018 at 03:35 AM.
    "A man's character is his fate."

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I be had issues getting the A off and on some frames. The B is working great on my LTT Elite.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I be had issues getting the A off and on some frames. The B is working great on my LTT Elite.
    You may have tried this, but if you loosen the 6 set screws on top of the A it will make it easier to slide off and on. I adjust it a half turn at a time and test until I can more easily slide it on and off the rail. Usually it only takes a half or 3/4 turn backed off from fully seated to make it much easier to remove.

Well you bastards sold me a tan A.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Well you bastards sold me a tan A.

@Grey is tan available yet?

User Tag List