Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: 1,000 Lumen X300U

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    All of the gen5 and M glocks also have a pic rail slot width and not a Glock rail width.
    This actually led to a somewhat comical scene recently when I was trying to move one of my X300s from a Gen 5 gun to a Gen 4. It took me completely disassembling the crossbar mount to realize what the issue was. I had swapped the insert for use on another pistol and forgot since it worked fine on the Gen 5 gun.
    "A man's character is his fate."

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Got my fde x300u a in, anyone else have fingers too short to comfortably activate the light?
    Starting with the SF Classic 6v lights (wired tape switch), going through the Nitrolon (early SL switch), X200s (SL switches), and now the various iterations of the X300U I have never been able to reliably activate the body mounted switches; I have always had to use a remote switch because of short fingers - or use my support hand. The same applies to Streamlight's offerings.

I keep reading about the lack of hotspot, which I really like on my other 3&400 Series lights. I was on the SL website this weekend and they're now referencing TLR in the description. Has there been more than one, 1000 lumen X300 WML?

Thanks,
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    Starting with the SF Classic 6v lights (wired tape switch), going through the Nitrolon (early SL switch), X200s (SL switches), and now the various iterations of the X300U I have never been able to reliably activate the body mounted switches; I have always had to use a remote switch because of short fingers - or use my support hand. The same applies to Streamlight's offerings.
    Have you tried a newer streamlight tlr1 HL? They extended the paddle switches so they extend a decent amount further back and are pretty easy to reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Have you tried a newer streamlight tlr1 HL? They extended the paddle switches so they extend a decent amount further back and are pretty easy to reach.
    Yes. I have always had to use a remote switch because of short fingers - or use my support hand.

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Doesn't the G21 have the pic rail rather than the Glock width rail?
    Gen 4 21 has the standard Glock rail. Swapped the adapter plate and the light will not engage with the (P) plate. Again, I think this is a gun specific issue because I have had a the same loose fit issue with every generation of X300(A). Will get a (B) model eventually now. Daggum it.

Played around in the dark with the 1,000 and 600 lumen models again last night. I was incorrect when I said the hotspot on the 1,000 lumen model was not as defined. It is just much larger than the 600 Lumen version and way more intense and the spill around the hotspot is also more intense due to the shear output of the light. Very impressed overall. Will continue playing around with it.

Just received a x300u-A and it has play fore and aft when installed on a gen 5 g17 using the universal plate.

Whats particularly annoying is I have an older x300 with the universal plate that locks up tighter than a nuns you know what on the same gun.

Because of that I attempted to swap all the hardware from the older model to the new, including the plate spring, universal plate and rails thinking the tolerances might be different only to have the same issue.

I tightened all 6 screws sufficiently, still loose. With the picatinny adapter plate installed it literally slides off and on with no resistance.

So I just installed the rail lock plate and if I'm going to have to use a screw to apply the tension then I might as well get the B model so that way its at least easier to get on and off more readily.

Does anyone have any other suggestions before I get rid of this thing?

Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    Just received a x300u-A and it has play fore and aft when installed on a gen 5 g17 using the universal plate.

Whats particularly annoying is I have an older x300 with the universal plate that locks up tighter than a nuns you know what on the same gun.

Because of that I attempted to swap all the hardware from the older model to the new, including the plate spring, universal plate and rails thinking the tolerances might be different only to have the same issue.

I tightened all 6 screws sufficiently, still loose. With the picatinny adapter plate installed it literally slides off and on with no resistance.

So I just installed the rail lock plate and if I'm going to have to use a screw to apply the tension then I might as well get the B model so that way its at least easier to get on and off more readily.

Does anyone have any other suggestions before I get rid of this thing?
    https://www.bigtexoutdoors.com/corre...n-the-x300u-a/

Right, that’s what i did and it works however the light is slightly canted upward and like I said I’d rather just get the B model if I’m going to utilize a screw to apply the tension to make donning and doffing easier.

The light will always be slightly canted upward on a Glock. As for the play, some aluminum foil can take up the gap, but you could shoot it that way until the next new thing comes out and never have an issue.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List