Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 1,000 Lumen X300U

1,000 Lumen X300U

http://www.recoilweb.com/finally-her...0u-140226.html

Same price, same profile, more lumens.

Guess it's time to buy a 4th U-boat. Slowly but surely, every gun in my safe is gonna end up wearing one at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    http://www.recoilweb.com/finally-her...0u-140226.html

Same price, same profile, more lumens.

Guess it's time to buy a 4th U-boat. Slowly but surely, every gun in my safe is gonna end up wearing one at this rate.
    Time for Oakley to run a sale.

I’ll eat next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Honest question from someone who knows very little about flashlights. What does this do that a TLR1HL won't? I'm genuinely curious, not trying to fling shit. I've never seen enough difference to justify paying twice as much, but I see a lot of smart people who seem to find a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    Honest question from someone who knows very little about flashlights. What does this do that a TLR1HL won't? I'm genuinely curious, not trying to fling shit. I've never seen enough difference to justify paying twice as much, but I see a lot of smart people who seem to find a reason.
    I’ve got an original x300 and the aforementioned stream light. Truth be told the build quality (see subjective) feels better on the surefire. This coming from someone who doesn’t point guns at people for a living. The surefire just feels better in the hand and the switching system seems more intuitive for me on the surefire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    I have samples of both (x300u-A, TLR-1HL) and prefer the screw clamp of the TLR, but the x300u-B resolves that. For pistol I like the TLR switching, for rifle the x300, although the margin is slim. I’m unqualified to adequately critique the quality of the beam as I simply describe both as really bright and surpringly long lived on a set of batteries.

I think the only reason for the pricing differential is country of manufacture (SL is offshore with stateside support while SF is US made) and name recognition. None of mine have needed customer support, but lately SL seems to have a better customer service reputation. I think it really comes to personal preference if one disregards price.
    Last edited by DpdG; 08-02-2018 at 05:59 PM.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

I've carried an X200, X300U and currently a TLR-1HL. I have to tell you the TLR-1HL is just as good as the Surefire. The switch on the Surefire is a bit more "stiff" than the Streamlight, but it has never been an issue. I find both lights well made and the Surefire about $100 over priced. I'm sure someone will have X amount of reasons why Surefire is better, but I've had great reliability and use from my TLR1HL. For duty work the size is irrelevant because Safariland holsters take them interchangeably. For concealed, the X300 is just big, to me. The TLR1 is ok for this use. Frankly, I think the the TLR-7 is potentially changing the game. The output from that light is totally sufficient for duty work and the size/weight savings would be beneficial, even in a duty rig. I plan on picking one up and checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Cereal View Post
    I find both lights well made and the Surefire about $100 over priced.
    That's about where I'm at, although my experience is entirely with the TLR1. I'm just not seeing anything game changing. My only gripe about the TLR1 is I bought one to use on my rifle in a 12 oclock mount and it's too tall for that. It totally blocks out the front sight post once the rifle is zeroed. My fault for not checking that first, but I just changed the light position to 3 oclock and back in business. I don't want to totally derail the thread, so I'll leave it at that, but I think this confirms my suspicions that there isn't another $100 worth of awesome tucked away in the X300 somewhere that I'm just not seeing.

I will be buying one.

Good move on Surefire to keep the same footprint/housing.

I have never owned a stream light just Surefires, but I have heard from some that have had to use Surefires warranty that their CS is not how it once was.

User Tag List