Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: TCinVA on Ballistic Radio

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post

@TCinVA at the end of the episode you mentioned that the best thing's to adapt a currently owned hunting shotgun into a good HD shotgun were a shorter stock, a buckshot that patterns well, and training. In general, what else would you recommend? For example what does your HD shotgun look like?

Also, any other tips you have for hardening the home would be welcome. It was a really good interview.

-Cory
    Tom beat me to the punch on that one...but yeah, that's what my go-to HD shotgun looks like. My alternate is an 870 Wingmaster with rifle style sights, a Magpul stock, and a Surefire forend on it.

As for home hardening, you are on the perfect forum to bring that up and get some rational, reasonable responses from a number of people with experience with various products.

Good measures to start would be:

- Deadbolts in your doors and longer screws affixing the deadbolts and the strike plates
    - Hurricane film on windows
    - Good alarm system
    - Good camera system with at least one camera clearly visible as a warning to shitheads
    - Good dog trained to help keep watch and protect against intruders

It would be a great topic in and of its own right where people with experience with various aspects could give sage guidance on purchase decisions, installation, etc.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    It would be a great topic in and of its own right where people with experience with various aspects could give sage guidance on purchase decisions, installation, etc.
    That's a great idea. I copied your post and created a new thread:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ening-the-Home

In general I'm not a huge fan of Ballistic Radio, but that episode was excellent.

Informative follow-up discussion here too.

User Tag List