Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: TCinVA on Ballistic Radio

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    UCR reports...LOL.

This past weekend in St. Louis area...

https://www.facebook.com/law.enforce...0596747215244/
    Those kids don't mess around do they? Every single one had a rifle.
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 08-13-2018 at 12:40 PM.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    UCR reports...LOL.

This past weekend in St. Louis area...

https://www.facebook.com/law.enforce...0596747215244/
    Christ.

Screw Posse Comitatus, put an A-10 to that gaggle of heathens.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

I've listened to a lot of BR over the years GODDAMMIT IF HE SAYS YOU'VE GOT THIRTY SECONDS LEFT IN THIS SEGMENT ONE MORE TIME and this was an unusually good one. I would like to take a class from Mr. Chandler.

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I just listened to the episode.

I've always liked Ballistic Radio, but was surprised by how much more I liked this episode. Listening more, it seemed like TC was doing a lot more talking than JJRG, and it was surprising how much more information seemed to get across.

@TCinVA at the end of the episode you mentioned that the best thing's to adapt a currently owned hunting shotgun into a good HD shotgun were a shorter stock, a buckshot that patterns well, and training. In general, what else would you recommend? For example what does your HD shotgun look like?

Also, any other tips you have for hardening the home would be welcome. It was a really good interview.

-Cory
    I'm not TCinVA, but I am taking a Tom Givens shotgun class next week (I've also done Lee Weems's class). Mr. Givens sent an e-mail out recently for things we should bring to his classes, and on the shotgun front he suggested:

- No pistol grip-only stocks. Stocks with a pistol grip and a buttstock are fine, but it needs to have a stock.
    - Stock with a LOP 12"-13". Shorter people trend more towards 12", taller people more towards 13". Various commercial offerings on this front, or you can have yours shortened.
    - At least 4-round capacity.
    - Method of storing ammo on the gun (side saddle or butt cuff).
    - 18-22" barrel.
    - FliteControl buckshot, or at least buckshot that patterns well.

Though I'm sure he'll speak on that topic more, following those guidelines should get you pretty close to a good setup. My 870 HD setup is a Magpul stock (~12.5" LOP), Surefire forend, +1 extension (5-shot gun), and a Vang Comp side saddle. It also has XS sights on the barrel.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post

@TCinVA at the end of the episode you mentioned that the best thing's to adapt a currently owned hunting shotgun into a good HD shotgun were a shorter stock, a buckshot that patterns well, and training. In general, what else would you recommend? For example what does your HD shotgun look like?

Also, any other tips you have for hardening the home would be welcome. It was a really good interview.

-Cory
    Tom beat me to the punch on that one...but yeah, that's what my go-to HD shotgun looks like. My alternate is an 870 Wingmaster with rifle style sights, a Magpul stock, and a Surefire forend on it.

As for home hardening, you are on the perfect forum to bring that up and get some rational, reasonable responses from a number of people with experience with various products.

Good measures to start would be:

- Deadbolts in your doors and longer screws affixing the deadbolts and the strike plates
    - Hurricane film on windows
    - Good alarm system
    - Good camera system with at least one camera clearly visible as a warning to shitheads
    - Good dog trained to help keep watch and protect against intruders

It would be a great topic in and of its own right where people with experience with various aspects could give sage guidance on purchase decisions, installation, etc.
    3/15/2016

In general I'm not a huge fan of Ballistic Radio, but that episode was excellent.

Informative follow-up discussion here too.

I listened to it today at work. Great interview.

The Cheshire murders is one of those that just haunt you. I have 2 daughters and thinking about what those poor girls had done to them prior to being murdered just absolutely makes me sick to my stomach.

[QUOTE=Robert Mitchum;770286]I remember Hayes and Komisarjevsky.

It was the perfect Job for my personality back than ..had the pleasure of bouncing one of them off a wall years ago.
    The difference between myself and those two was ... I was bigger stronger and more violent than they where.

I meant this in terms of dealing with the inmate population.
    They where low life weak sneaky shit bags ..
    Last edited by Robert Mitchum; 09-19-2018 at 02:56 PM.

User Tag List