Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting CCW fixed blade.

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    Are the grip scales just screwed on?

If so, getting it jap-wrapped by a maker known for that work might just fix that issue. Or taking a Dremel and a hour or so to re profile and up the aggressiveness on the scale texturing. I really prefer a wrap of some kind on thin handled knives as I don't think anything gives better traction if done well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Excellent suggestion and I agree with you on the superior grip of a good jap-wrap handle. My ideal handle is wider with the wrap IE: my Watson HiTS Ti.

However I'm not sure re-texturing or even re-wrapping the handle on the CCW will solve my issues with rolling. It's just a little small for me. I'm thinking about selling it to buy the larger L version because I really like the design of it. Here is a screenshot from the Maker's Instagram account of the two versions next to each other:

Name:  Screenshot_20180818-132148.jpg
Views: 893
Size:  35.0 KB

I also am itching to get my hands on a Sosby Blades Cub as a true discreet CCW carry blade. Handle looks like it will solve some of my issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    I also am itching to get my hands on a Sosby Blades Cub as a true discreet CCW carry blade. Handle looks like it will solve some of my issues.
    I really want the Cub for the same reason. Hopefully they will be available again soon and with a trainer blade option.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'd be a little leery trusting a maker that couldn't take a better image of his work.
    HaHa! I need to work on my photo skills for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by MilMakAZ View Post
    HaHa! I need to work on my photo skills for sure!
    Well, my own pix leave something to be desired but then my livelihood doesn't depend on it. (Thankfully.)

FWIW, a few respected members stepped up to speak well of your gear and that was good enough for me. (I'm something of a knife guy.)

So, I hope I gave no cause to take offense and that none was taken. Your stuff looks good and I wish you success.

ETA: And where are my manners? Welcome to the forum. (The best of its kind, I daresay.)
    Last edited by blues; 09-15-2018 at 10:03 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Well, my own pix leave something to be desired but then my livelihood doesn't depend on it. (Thankfully.)

FWIW, a few respected members stepped up to speak well of your gear and that was good enough for me. (I'm something of a knife guy.)

So, I hope I gave no cause to take offense and that none was taken. Your stuff looks good and I wish you success.

ETA: And where are my manners? Welcome to the forum. (The best of its kind, I daresay.)
    No offense at all man! I thought it was funny. I try to only be serious at work! Have a great weekend!

Site Supporter
    Since Justin is now here 8’will add my observations.

This looks like a really well designed knife. I like the fact that the handle has pronounced features to keep the hand from sliding one way or the other. These are critical and often overlooked details.

“Approximately 3 inches” may or may not be helpful. Depending on jurisdiction, whether it is slightly longer or slightly shorter can make a big difference in legality of carry. I would prefer that the blade be listed as, and actually be 2 7/8 to 2.9 inches long. Exactly 3” is also not bad but less preferred.

As other me mentioned , the sheath could use some more thought. In my opinion, the carry system adds more to the usefulness of a knife than the knife itself. I suggest considering some additional attachments that could be included, perhaps for carry methods other than belt carry. A knife that will be carried more often is worth paying a little more to purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Did you ever purchase the L version?
    I bought a production CCW model to begin experimenting with. Fit and finish of the blade as well as overall quality are excellent. Edge is stupid sharp. I reached out to the maker through direct messages on Instagram and got almost imedate replies. Got the feeling from our back and forths that he is a genuinely good guy.

I will post some pictures of the blade later tonight at work. I love the enlarged hawkbill style pommel and it really anchors the knife in the hand and allows the thumb to sit comfortably on top as a power assist in a reverse grip.

I hate the the large teck lock that came with the sheath. I see that a Discreet Carry Concept clip is an option now for new blades. Really wish I held out for that but not a deal breaker. This package is an excellent overall value for what you get. Basically Spyderco or Benchmade pricing for a true purpose built blade that actually delivers.

My main concern is that it is very slim and skinny in my bear paw hands. The knife kind of wants to roll and the grip is slightly cramped for me. Again, this is due simploto my hand size and not the knife. I was told the CCW-L version has a slightly larger handle but I'm not sure I want to step up to a 4" blade on a low profile CCW knife.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Did you ever purchase the L version?
    Not yet. I listed my standard CCW for sale and haven't been able to get an L version yet. I was debating just making some mods to my current CCW but I think I really just want the L.

How's everyone carrying this? I need a knife for 11oclock iwb.

Not yet. I listed my standard CCW for sale and haven't been able to get an L version yet. I was debating just making some mods to my current CCW but I think I really just want the L.
    Watching with interest.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

User Tag List