Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting CCW fixed blade.

Interesting CCW fixed blade.

For around $150: S35VN, and G10 handles.
    https://milmakaz.com/product/ccw-production-blade/

Edited a typo in the steel description. Correct steel is "S35VN"
    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 9mm_shooter; 08-02-2018 at 07:16 AM.

I'd be a little leery trusting a maker that couldn't take a better image of his work.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

He is on IG and has much better pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    He is on IG and has much better pics.

Thanks, Hizzie.

I was mostly being facetious though not entirely.

(I'm not on any social media but this and a couple other forums. No twitter. No facebook. No instagram. Guess I don't know what I'm missing but I'm okay with it.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

If you click available blades, there is a side menu on the right with links to better photos.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    If you click on the images they are displayed larger and look a lot better.

Also, it's nice that they acknowledge, indirectly, that the knives are made overseas.
    Those are his production knives. He does full handmade stuff as well. He does sets for Courses of Action that are a collaborative effort with him and Johnny Primo.

http://instagram.com/p/BgZIxNUBkOg/
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I was mostly making a needlessly snarky reference to other makers that do the same thing, but don't mention that their production knives are made in China.
    Justin is a rock solid dude who I’ve known for 15 years. I can vouch for him as a person, swat cop, and knife maker. His production blades were done to cut down on lead times. His primary job as a full time swat member in one of the busiest agencies in the country, makes his lead time a bit long at times.

Hi Risk Customer Services
    I bought a production CCW model to begin experimenting with. Fit and finish of the blade as well as overall quality are excellent. Edge is stupid sharp. I reached out to the maker through direct messages on Instagram and got almost imedate replies. Got the feeling from our back and forths that he is a genuinely good guy.

I will post some pictures of the blade later tonight at work. I love the enlarged hawkbill style pommel and it really anchors the knife in the hand and allows the thumb to sit comfortably on top as a power assist in a reverse grip.

I hate the the large teck lock that came with the sheath. I see that a Discreet Carry Concept clip is an option now for new blades. Really wish I held out for that but not a deal breaker. This package is an excellent overall value for what you get. Basically Spyderco or Benchmade pricing for a true purpose built blade that actually delivers.

My main concern is that it is very slim and skinny in my bear paw hands. The knife kind of wants to roll and the grip is slightly cramped for me. Again, this is due simploto my hand size and not the knife. I was told the CCW-L version has a slightly larger handle but I'm not sure I want to step up to a 4" blade on a low profile CCW knife.

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Name:  IMG_20180813_173525.jpg
Views: 1013
Size:  35.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_20180813_173542.jpg
Views: 902
Size:  35.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_20180813_173604.jpg
Views: 869
Size:  35.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_20180813_173842.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  39.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_20180813_173751.jpg
Views: 881
Size:  38.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_20180813_173827.jpg
Views: 873
Size:  34.1 KB

Crappy in car phone pictures.

Are the grip scales just screwed on?

If so, getting it jap-wrapped by a maker known for that work might just fix that issue. Or taking a Dremel and a hour or so to re profile and up the aggressiveness on the scale texturing. I really prefer a wrap of some kind on thin handled knives as I don't think anything gives better traction if done well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Tag List