Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling JodyH, the Kahr Man.

Been shooting and carrying Kahrs for 12 years. Currently own 4. My favorite is a CW45 with a Meprolight front night sight. Replaced recoil spring at 800 rounds and the weapon continues to please with nice accuracy and very reliable. My EDC is a CW9 and it has a couple of thousand rounds through it. Had a jam on the second round fired through it and it hasn't jammed since. Own a CM9 with 500 rounds through it and it has never jammed. Own a CM45 that gave me fits. Sent an email to Kahr with pics of double strikes on primer and no fire and chamber with gun in lock back.

Kahr sent a mailer and the CM45 was shipped to them. Gun is back and 220 rounds later it is functioning without any failures. It will be my winter EDC.

Looking for a good K9 to purchase or trade into. Love mine 5.5pound revolver strokes on the trigger, but I grew up shooting DA Smiths and Colts.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    Been shooting and carrying Kahrs for 12 years. Currently own 4. My favorite is a CW45 with a Meprolight front night sight. Replaced recoil spring at 800 rounds and the weapon continues to please with nice accuracy and very reliable. My EDC is a CW9 and it has a couple of thousand rounds through it. Had a jam on the second round fired through it and it hasn't jammed since. Own a CM9 with 500 rounds through it and it has never jammed. Own a CM45 that gave me fits. Sent an email to Kahr with pics of double strikes on primer and no fire and chamber with gun in lock back.

Kahr sent a mailer and the CM45 was shipped to them. Gun is back and 220 rounds later it is functioning without any failures. It will be my winter EDC.

Looking for a good K9 to purchase or trade into. Love mine 5.5pound revolver strokes on the trigger, but I grew up shooting DA Smiths and Colts.
    The K9 stainless is the one Kahr I have truly had the jones for, for a few years, I just haven't ever been able to find a price for them that was sub $550-600 and I haven't been willing to commit quite that much to the gamble.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Locked Breech: Comprehend your search, I'm on the same road.

Vending Machine Operator
    After a few responses on my 'buy less' thread convinced me it's okay to still have a little fun and try new guns without losing focus on my main platform training (Glock Gen4s and M&P 2.0s), I am leaning pretty strongly into trying out the P9 given the current $350-ish price.

Any last stuff to know before I take the dive? Is their service department a nightmare if I get a lemon?

Site Supporter
    I like my P9, and including tax I paid almost twice what you are considering. Mine has the "normal" Kahr thing where you can't slingshot the slide, it will ram the round into the feedramp every time. It also occasionally does the same thing using the slide release. I just checked my log, I'm at 639 rounds, and every failure has been on the first round of a magazine. It might be my imagination, but I think the gun "feeds hard", even when it is working right. Also, the magazines suck to load, they are stupid sharp. So even though it is very accurate, I don't trust it and it sits unused. Because I do like it, I haven't been willing to take the bath on price yet and sell it.

If I could go back and do it again, I wouldn't own it.

I bought a like new P9 last week for $200 on GB. I couldn’t really turn it down at that price. 😈

I’ve put just shy of 500 rounds through it as of yesterday. Mixture of Federal 124+P HSTs, 124 Federal (AE) ball and about 300 of my production minor load (Berry’s 124 FP). Not a single hiccup, loading or otherwise. It shoots impressively soft for a 15 ounce subcompact too. I’m pretty impressed so far.

Vending Machine Operator
    If I take the plunge I'll post a follow-up, thanks for the user reports.

Update

New mag came today and I take it to the range.

Only fired 75 rounds but no malfs. 25 were some older Federal 115 +p+.It seemed like it functioned smoother. There was a discernible ka-chunk with the original mag.

Will continue vetting.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    I bought a like new P9 last week for $200 on GB. I couldn’t really turn it down at that price. 😈

I’ve put just shy of 500 rounds through it as of yesterday. Mixture of Federal 124+P HSTs, 124 Federal (AE) ball and about 300 of my production minor load (Berry’s 124 FP). Not a single hiccup, loading or otherwise. It shoots impressively soft for a 15 ounce subcompact too. I’m pretty impressed so far.
    Is there a friendly middle finger emoji? Seems appropriate here...for $200 I’ll keep mine.

I have three mags, and they all nose dive with a slingshot. Maybe I should drop them in a flat rate box and see if they work in your P9.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    The K9 stainless is the one Kahr I have truly had the jones for, for a few years, I just haven't ever been able to find a price for them that was sub $550-600 and I haven't been willing to commit quite that much to the gamble.
    This is why I jumped on the one that I saw in the used counter at my LGS for $350. It's an early one with the old style dovetails.

I carry a CW9 on my vest as an on-duty BUG, but, counter-intuitively, the heavier K9 carries better off-side IWB in my own clothes.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List