Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling JodyH, the Kahr Man.

I've had good luck with a few kahrs now. Is this behavior new? Or was it doing this from the start?

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I've had good luck with a few kahrs now. Is this behavior new? Or was it doing this from the start?
    It started during the initial vetting during the first 200 rounds and has been happening since.

It’s already been said - try a new mag. If that don’t work ditch it. All 3 of the Kahrs I’ve had (K9, CW9 and CW9 chopped to take PM 9 mags) have been solid performers.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Update

So I disassembled my(sole) 6 shot mag to check for burrs.

The follower will not drop freely all the way to the follower lips. Is that normal?

Sigh.

I'm hesitant to drop another 30.00 bucks on another mag(plus the cost of the vetting ammo) given the "Perfect or ditch it "rep the guns have.

But I like it well enough.

@JodyH

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post

The follower will not drop freely all the way to the follower lips. Is that normal?

Sigh.

I'm hesitant to drop another 30.00 bucks on another mag(plus the cost of the vetting ammo) given the "Perfect or ditch it "rep the guns have.

@JodyH
    Clean the magazine?

Contact Kahr?

If it wasn't doing it initially wouldn't that indicate something changed...most likely the magazine?

I would definitely get another magazine and try that.

I have had great luck with Kahr PM-9s, but after hearing the trouble other people have had I am now hesitant to recommend them.

I bought my first PM-9 in 2003, and it probably has around 1500ish rounds through it. And bought my second one in 2017, which has about 800ish rounds through it.

Both had an issue with the first shots that I fired through them. The older one had a failure to feed IIRC, and the newer one had the slide not lock open after I fired the last round of a magazine.

Since then, they have run perfectly.

Vending Machine Operator
    I've been considering picking up a P9 since they're available for around $350 right now. This has me hesitant.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post

Sigh.

@JodyH
    Did you buy another magazine yet?

If not, let me send you 2 for trials.....a 7 and 6 rounder. If your gun still has problems, you'll just be out the shipping to mail them back to me. If that fixes the issue, then you can mail them back to me or just buy them off me. The Kahr PM9 isn't an authorized POW for my agency anymore, so it just sits in the safe as I can't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I've been considering picking up a P9 since they're available for around $350 right now. This has me hesitant.
    They're definitely a hit or miss gun.

I bought mine off a P-F.com member who vouched for it. He hadn't shot it in a while, so I paid him an extra $25 or so just to put a few boxes of ammo through it to verify it hadn't gone rancid in the time it was sitting dormant.
    Last edited by TGS; 08-07-2018 at 08:36 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

I bought mine off a P-F.com member who vouched for it. He hadn't shot it in a while, so I paid him an extra $25 or so just to put a few boxes of ammo through it to verify it hadn't gone rancid in the time it was sitting dormant.
    Hah! I mean, for $350 I'm considering it. Not super high risk. But another part of me is saying that there are ways to spend $350 that won't give me a headache. We'll see.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Did you buy another magazine yet?

If not, let me send you 2 for trials.....a 7 and 6 rounder. If your gun still has problems, you'll just be out the shipping to mail them back to me. If that fixes the issue, then you can mail them back to me or just buy them off me. The Kahr PM9 isn't an authorized POW for my agency anymore, so it just sits in the safe as I can't use it.

What a handsome offer!

But I broke down and bought a six rounder today.

User Tag List