Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NW TacCon shotgun blocks

NW TacCon shotgun blocks

I taught two blocks of shotgun at the NW TacCon this past weekend with 35 students combined between the two blocks. Equipment ranged from an Ithaca 37 with dual wielding side saddles up to an Aridus/Magpul equipped 1301.

One of the students let me make a run with his 1301:

You can't have a shotgun class without some Rolling Thunder:

I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Looks and sounds like a great time was had by all, but when I contemplate the heat this past week, it almost makes me glad I decided not to try and fit NW TacCon into the budget...

...although the last time I was on that range (Basic Shotgun class in, um, 2014?) it was cold and drizzling, so I guess it would have balanced out!
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

The blonde woman near the middle of the line during rolling thunder looks like she can really run her shotgun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Looks and sounds like a great time was had by all, but when I contemplate the heat this past week, it almost makes me glad I decided not to try and fit NW TacCon into the budget...

...although the last time I was on that range (Basic Shotgun class in, um, 2014?) it was cold and drizzling, so I guess it would have balanced out!
    It was hot, but the humidity was much, much less than what I'm used too with the same temps. At least we weren't hot and drenched.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    It’s so cute when people in Pugetopolis think it’s hot out.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    You wouldn't believe what they think is "cold"...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

If it weren’t behind enemy lines, it would be tempting. But who am I kidding? I’ve had to give up my slot theee times, so I’ve just given up on TacCon.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I've lived in Mississippi for 18 years and Las Vegas for four years before that. That place almost killed me with the crazily unseasonable high temp and low humidity so I didn't realize how much I was sweating.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I've lived in Mississippi for 18 years and Las Vegas for four years before that. That place almost killed me with the crazily unseasonable high temp and low humidity so I didn't realize how much I was sweating.
    What John said!

I’M FROM WA but I’ve lived in TN for the past 13 years...it was never that hot when I was a kid. And the dry heat really takes it out of you when you’re accustomed to the swamp-ass humidity and heat of the South.

With that said, I prefer the WA heat!

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    The blonde woman near the middle of the line during rolling thunder looks like she can really run her shotgun.

No shit.

What kind of shotgun is she running? It looks to have virtually ZERO recoil in her hands.

Also that M4 with the Triji on top looks gigantic...
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 08-12-2018 at 12:03 PM.

User Tag List