View Poll Results: Lip Sync videos

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • The videos are entertaining and good PR.

5 9.26%
  • The videos are unprofessional and embarrassing.

37 68.52%
  • I am not a fan of the videos, but it's good PR.

12 22.22%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lip Sync Videos

Site Supporter

Lip Sync Videos

Law Enforcement lip sync videos are all the rage now. Personally, as a an officer, it embarrasses me and I find them silly. However, a lot of officers like them and the public seems to really enjoy them.

I admit some of them are creative and even funny, but at the end I still feel dumb for having viewed them and embarrassed as well.

Maybe I am an old stick in the mud in early training.

What are your thoughts on these videos?

Edit to add- even non LEOs should feel free to vote if they would like too.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 08-18-2018 at 11:31 PM.

Personally I think they are stupid and embarrassing.

I voted for a) mostly because it shows the cop haters that they can’t win.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

I think they’re stupid as hell. If any police brass think they’re gonna miraculously change people’s minds about LE just because of a stupid video, then those brass are stupid as hell. Haters are gonna hate, LE supporters are gonna get a kick out of the videos, but won’t hate us if we don’t do one. So far there’s not enough people at my agency that want to do it so it’s not been an issue. Most of us think they’re dumb.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Cool

I thoroughly enjoy them. I think they are helpful in portraying LE as human beings rather than figureheads for oppression. I enjoy the hell out seeing some stern looking detective bust a move. Plus some of the patrol pixies...
    Last edited by FNFAN; 08-19-2018 at 12:01 AM.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

In 59 working days I'll no longer be part of a profession that condones this cake eating bull shit, what a relief.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I kinda enjoy them and I think they're probably good PR. Obviously you're not going to win over the radical anti-cop folks but maybe somebody on the fence might soften their opinion of police.

I get some of the arguments against them. They maybe aren't the best use of time and they can make police look unprofessional/soft. Everything's a tradeoff and it's entirely possible that this whole thing will totally backfire. Most likely it's a little of both.

I have never been a police officer but I have known many. However I am an armed security guard and when I'm at the gates checking IDs I often get people who despise us for no real reason. I guess they just hate the idea of having to stop and show their ID or something. So I kinda understand how it feels to just be doing your job and following the rules and have people be dicks about it, and why people wearing the badge would want to try to change that. Every day I fight the urge to become the dick they think I am.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 08-19-2018 at 12:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Vending Machine Operator
    I am casual friends with a local deputy from my prosecutor days who had one of the more viral of them (several million views) and was the chatter of the town for a few days. My impression was that you had the usual jerks with their so-funny, so-original comments about pigs, bacon, taxpayer dollars, etc. You're always gonna have those. You had the super positive, super hardcore friends-and-family-of-blue segment, which I am a part of, you're always gonna have those too. So what's interesting is seeing how people with no particular stake react. And from those people, I think it's positive. It puts a minor bit of celebrity and real names on their local LEO, and I'm sure a few people were like "hey, I got stopped by the lip sync guy!"

I don't think there's any risk of people thinking police are too soft and cuddly with the fear-the-evil-racist-police narrative the media has been force-feeding.

In a day and age where there is a constant media onslaught of the negative about police, I really don't think a little warmer PR hurts, and may in fact help quite a bit. If it helps a small handful of officers have a better rapport with a small handful of citizens, that's a good enough result. The ones who hate cops aren't going to hate them less or more.

Edit:

On a slightly amusing note, a different LE friend I asked about this said her agency MADE the officers participate. That I very much am against. Wrestling with meth heads and domestic abusers is more than enough job responsibility.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 08-19-2018 at 01:09 AM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

We were told yesterday that we could do a video. Everyone on my shift declined to participate.

JR1572

One department did a lip sync video targeting domstic abuse. Apparently it generated a lot of positive responses from viewers and motivated some victims to ask for help.

https://patch.com/georgia/canton-ga/...domestic-abuse

“The Pickens Sheriff's Office said it wanted to use the challenge to not only show its agency's lighthearted nature, but also draw attention to some of the calls and situations those in law enforcement respond to on a daily basis.”
    Last edited by peterb; 08-19-2018 at 07:35 AM.

I did this yesterday. It’s been shared a lot. Apparently; I am not the only one who feels this way.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...89679681133490
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List